Twenty-Three

THIRD PERSON

As he opened his eyes, he groaned in pain. His head felt heavy, and he was feeling dizzy. He looked around and realized he was in the living room. He then remembered that he and Changbin went to the bar. He remembers some random girl flirting with him, and that thought alone made him disgusted. 

He looked through the window, it was morning and the sun was shining bright against his eyes. He walked towards the mirror and saw the red mark on his neck. He gritted his teeth in annoyance, scratching the red mark harshly, hoping that it would go away, but it only made his skin redder. 

He then smelled a foul odor somewhere in the kitchen. He made his way towards the kitchen and opened the trash, and he saw spoiled food. 

"What's this? Did Han-ah ordered too much food?" He questioned to himself. He sighed and took out the plastic in the trash, taking it outside where the garbage truck would pick up the trash bags.

Suddenly, he felt strange. Today was a Saturday, so why does the house sounded quiet than usual? He walked upstairs and slowly peeked into Jisung's room, but he found nothing. Jisung was not in his room.

He sighed, thinking that Jisung might've seen the red mark in his neck, "He probably doesn't want to see me now..."

He closed the door in Jisung's room and walked towards his room. He grabbed a towel from his cabinet and went to the bathroom to take a shower. 

After taking a shower, he sat down on his bed as he dry his hair with another towel. He sighed as Jisung's face come flashing into his mind again. As soon as he was done drying his hair, he dropped the towel on the mattress and stood up from his bed. Once again, he headed towards his table and opened its drawer, grabbing the notebook from it.

He sat down to his bed again and stared at the notebooks he was holding.

"Was I... too harsh?"

He slowly opened it, stared at the picture pasted onto the first page. His eyes went down to the bottom where he saw his handwriting back when he first wrote in that notebook.

"To my little sister, Minhee..."

He flipped the next page and saw another picture of them. He clearly remembered the day these pictures were taken, and he clearly remembered the day he wrote the messages inside the notebook... how he cried every single moment he writes on it.

Dried teardrops can be seen in every page of the notebook. 

"When you were born, I was beyond happy to know I have a little sister. I even thought I was the happiest person alive, and that nothing else would make me happier."

"But all good things must come to an end..."

"Rest in peace, Minhee. I will miss you."

"I'll always be looking at the stars every night, so that even just a little... I can feel that you're still with me."

He closed the notebook, not even bothering to go to the next page. He wrote those words the day she died, not wanting to believe that she is completely gone. He loved her, more than anything in this world. 

That's why he never fails to look at the stars every night... so that he can still spiritually communicate with his little sister whom he treasured so much.

* * * * * *

"Jisung!"

He turned back and forced a smile in his face, "Hyung, what's up?"

"So? How did it go?" BX curiously asked.

"W-what do you mean?"

"The nusi gireng!"