Six

JISUNG

"There, it's done. Are you feeling better?" He asked as he looked up to me with concerned eyes.

I gulped and nodded slowly, "Y-yeah." 

He let out a sigh of relief, "Okay, now stay there and I'll handle the rest." He said, standing up from his position but then I grabbed his wrist.

"Wait! I want to help."

He shook his head, "No, Han-ah. You're going to rest."

My lips curved downward turning into a pout, "But I wanna help~" I whined.

"No, I can't risk having you cut yourself again."

"Come on, it's not like it's a serious injury!"

"Still no. I should be making sure that you won't get hurt anymore." 

I just sighed in frustration and watch him walk to the kitchen as I crossed my arms.

Will a little tease make him give in?

I stood from my seat and peek through the kitchen only to see him dumping the chicken meat to the flour, then the egg, then the crumbs. I slowly walked towards his direction. 

"Hm... I guess you're not a bad cook then." I muttered making him flinch with the suddenness. 

"Han Jisung, go back to the living room!"

I shook my head stubbornly, "Don't want to."

"Now."

I tilted my head at him, "You know what, it makes me wonder why you're suddenly treating me like this."

He raised his brow at me, "Like what?"

My lips curved upwards into a smirk, "Like a caring husband." I whispered.

His face flustered, "What the fuck— no!"

I snorted, "Oh? Why are you flustered then?"

"Shut your mouth, Han Jisung."

"Why would I?" I then faked a gasp, "Are you, perhaps... embarrassed?"

"No, I'm not!" He defended. "And please stop saying 'husband', it's fucking creeping me out!"

I shrugged, "Not my fault. After all, what you did earlier seemed like you're a caring husband so worried for his wife."

"Oh shut the fuck up, Han Jisung. I am not acting like your husband, you're being delusional."

"Really? Prove it then."

"Han Jisung—"

"Let me help in the kitchen."

He sighed, eyeing me sternly.

"Come on! Besides, knives are finally out, now I can help without getting hurt right?"

He just rolled his eyes and sighed in defeat, "Fine. You continue what I'm doing, I'm going to prepare the oil."

"Sure~! How do I do this again?" I questioned.

"Just damp the meat in the flour, then damp it in the egg, and finally damp it to the bread crumbs." He instructed making me nod and proceed with the task.

After finishing all the other meats, he finally placed them into the hot oil and I watched in awe as I see every piece of meat turn into a crispy-like figure. After a couple of minutes, we finally finished cooking all of them. As I look back, I was surprised that the dining table was already prepared by him. And so, he placed the chicken in the middle of the table and gestured for me to sit with him.