Thirty

THIRD PERSON

"Meow~"

Minho snapped out in reality after he heard his cat. He looked down only to see Dori scratching his pants, asking for food. "Oh sorry, Dori." He uttered as he grabbed the cat treats from the counter and poured enough amount on his hand before feeding it to Dori.

He sighed, "I'm too caught up with my thoughts these days."

Suddenly, a notification sound came out of his phone. He checked, only to see a message from Hwayoung, his childhood elementary classmate.

"Right, I almost forgot today was our class reunion."

He went to his room and changed his clothes. He grabbed a comb from the side table and fixed his hair. Lastly, he grabbed his phone from his bed and puts it inside his pocket.

"Dori, I'm going ahead. Be a good cat and don't go rummaging my refrigerator, okay?" He told his cat as he crouched down to pet him before walking out of his condo.

He decided to take a walk instead of driving since he figured the venue was close enough to his condo. While he was waiting by the pedestrian lane, he meets up with Hwayoung.

"Oh? Minho-ssi! Fancy meeting you here!"

"Hwayoung? You live around here?" He questioned.

She nodded, "Yup! How about you? It's weird seeing someone from a rich family walking by the pedestrian lane."

Minho rolled his eyes, "I don't always use my car, you know. It's also troublesome at times."

She hummed, "You've changed."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I remember you being anti-social and a snob back in our elementary days. But when I met you the other day, you were like a whole different person."

"You think so?"

She nodded, "Yeah, you've changed in a good way. So? What made you changed? Someone came into your life and changed you or something?"

Minho chuckled as Jisung's face flashed into his mind, "I guess you can say that."

Her eyes lit up, "What?! Really? Who? You need to invite me to your wedding."

"Well, the thing is—"

"Oh, we need to cross the lane now." She uttered as she grabbed Minho's hand and pulled him along with her. As soon as they crossed the lane, she turned to him again, "What were you saying again?"

"N-Never mind."

* * * * *

"Jeongin-ah, can't you really buy me that cheesecake? I promise I'll pay you later!"

Jeongin sighed as he took a sip on his coffee, "Hyung, I told you already. I left my wallet in my office. Just buy it some other time."

"But I'm craving for it~"

"Well then call Lilian to bring the money for you."

Jisung shivered when he heard his secretary's name. "N-No, she'll probably give me those deadly glares again."

"See? We don't have any other choice."

Jisung sighed in defeat and leaned his head against the glass window. Suddenly, he saw someone familiar by the pedestrian lane, it was Minho. He was with the same girl he was with the other time he saw him. They seem to have a delightful conversation, and that sight alone made Jisung's heart ache.

Suddenly, Jisung felt confused.

Right... I almost forgot he was engaged. If he was indeed engaged, then why... why did he act like that when we met at the mansion? More importantly, why was he even in the mansion?