Thirty-One

THIRD PERSON

"Go on, Iris! This is your moment! You're both single right?"

"Yeah! Remember how you always told us how much you liked Minho?"

"S-Stop! You just can't say that in front of everyone!" Iris told them.

"Oh come on, we're all grown-ups anyway! A little smooch wouldn't hurt!" A girl said as she pushed Iris towards Minho making their faces close, as if they were about to kiss.

Their friends had been squealing around them and kept on cheering for the both of them. "Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!"

The two felt awkward with each other. Iris's face was redder than ever as she tried to look away from Minho's eyes. Minho, on the other hand was keeping his eye at a certain direction.

"Geez, how weak can you two be? Just kiss already will you?!"

"Dude, we're not kids anymore. We can do anything we want, we're legal! It's not like the two of you are in a relationship anyway! Maybe time has been waiting for the two of you to be finally together!"

Minho wasn't listening. He really didn't give a fuck on the situation. His and Iris's face were still close as their bodies were almost pressed against each other. One wrong move and their lips will touch.

Minho kept looking at Jisung's direction. He was clenching his fist at the sight of some other guy flirting with the younger. Jisung seems to be having fun, they were even sharing their drinks. He finally reached his turning point when he saw Jisung falling out of balance and the guy was able to catch him in his arms. He felt so uncomfortable with the sight of some random guy touching Jisung. Soon after, he realized the younger was already drunk.

He used his strength to properly push Iris away until she was back to her position in the couch earlier. The others were quite surprised and confused with what Minho did. He immediately stood from his place and started to walk towards Jisung's direction in a fast pace.

"What just happened? Where is he going?"

"Probably to someone important to him." Hwayoung suddenly said.

"Oh— Hwayoung, I didn't notice you! Where were you earlier? You missed the best part."

"I was ordering us more drinks." She told them.

"Oh, and what did you mean with what you said? Minho was... what?"

A smile formed into Hwayoung's lips, "Minho... might not be the single person you think he is."

"What?"

"After all, he did tell me there was this certain someone who changed him."

* * * * *

Jisung's eyebrows twitch at the sight of some girl on top of Minho. The people around them were cheering for them, telling them to kiss. Jisung, on the other hand, took another shot after seeing what he just witnessed.

He saw how close their faces were. He looked away before he could even witness their lips touch. He kept on taking shots even though he was already drunk, but he didn't really care. He just wanted to feel lightheaded as much as possible, so he can forget about all his problems even if it's just for a moment.

"Hey, don't you think you've had too much?" The guy beside him told him.

Jisung shook his head stubbornly, "I want more! Give me more of that alcohol!" He yelled as he took the bottle again and poured it into his glass. But the bottle was already empty, making him whine. "Why is it empty?! Who drank my whiskey?!"