Nineteen

THIRD PERSON

He slowly walked through the hallway, not caring about anything else. His mind was full of Minho, and he can't get him off his mind.

Suddenly he bumped into someone but he just muttered an apology and walked past the person when later on, he was grabbed by the arm. He slowly turned his head to the person holding on to his arm and met with the eyes of Byounggon.

"Oh, Hyung. It's you." Jisung uttered.

Byounggon tilted his head in confusion, "You okay?" You're not acting like yourself today."

They soon find themselves seated on a bench as Jisung tells Byounggon the problem. 

"So basically, he got mad because you went through some of his important items in his room?" Byounggon asked making Jisung slowly nod. He sighed, "Minho has always been hot-tempered since I first knew him, you know. That's why I was surprised when I found out the two of you are actually engaged."

"What about it?"

"Seeing on how Minho held on to you that day made me see a side of Minho I never knew."

"But... Lino-hyung is just a new student in our campus. How is it that you seem to know so much about him?"

Byounggon let his hands rest on the bench as he leaned his back, "Hm, let's see... before I transferred here for senior year, I was in the same school with Minho. So I basically knew how he acts."

"How was he in junior year?" Jisung curiously asked.

Byounggon shook his head, "Not good. He only had one friend, Changbin. He refuses to interact with other students. He's one of the top students though, he's that type of guy who's serious about his studies. He always wears a cold expression in his face. In every confession he receives, he rejects them. Sometimes he even throws their letters in front of them."

Jisung was beyond surprised. He never expected that Minho would be that rude to other people. "Was he really like that?"

Byounggon nodded, "Yes, I knew he took interest on you the moment he was suddenly talking shit about you."

"Uh... is that supposed to be a compliment?

He chuckled, "It's just not like him, to suddenly take interest in someone. Even if he hates someone, he won't give a damn about it. But when it's about you, he's acting strange."

"That's... just because we're like cats and dogs in the mansion..."

"Hm... you think so? When I visited your mansion, the way he held you was like he was telling me to back off. He seemed so protective of you."

Jisung lowered his head, "I thought that too... but I was wrong."

"Hm? Why?"

"He told me he wanted to convince our parents to stop the engagement as soon as possible. Well... we did planned it from the start, but I thought we were starting to develop feelings for each other. Guess I was wrong, it was only me all along."

Byounggon stared at Jisung for a moment, analyzing him. He can see in the younger's eyes how much sadness he has in him. "Why don't you try talking to him again?" He suggested.

Jisung shook his head, "I don't think that will work. You have no idea how much he hates so me now."

"Yeah, probably. But who knows? Minho was probably in so much shock that he got so mad at you. Maybe sometime now he'll cool himself down."

Jisung slowly looked up to him, "You think so?"

Byounggon nodded, "Yup." 

Jisung sighed, "I'll try then."