Chapter 37: Baby, you're my only reason

"It was so perfect.", I say, hiding my face with a pillow.

"Can this be true?", Emma laughs, "I think Layla might've FINALLY found the one."

"Oh, shut up."

I push her and she laughs.

"I'm just saying,", she continues, "that I'm pleased. I've never seen you as happy as you are when you're with him."

"Aw, you really think so?"

"Yes.", she throws me a pillow and I throw it back to her, "Have you guys talked though?"

"About what?"

"Oh, you know.", she suddenly looks concerned and I frown, "How are you going to do it? Are you official? Wait, is Harry even going to be here? Cause new album probably means world tour."

 Whoa. That's a lot to take in. I haven't really thought anything through. I just kind of thought we'd figure it out on the go.

But Emma's right. Where do we stand right now?

"It's too soon for any of that.", I say trying to calm myself.

"You're right."

No, she's right, but I don't want to get paranoid this time. I want to do it right.

"Alright, enough about me. Tell me about you and Liam now."

Emma blushes and rolls her eyes, "What about us?"

"Are you two...?"

"He's cute, isn't he?", Emma wrinkles her nose and takes my hands, excited.

***

"The taxi's here!", Emma shouts, and I finish adding my lipstick and head out towards the door.

"I'm ready!", I shout back.

She rushes from her bedroom towards the door holding her shoes on her hands.

"Aren't you going to put those on?", I ask, and she nods.

"I'll do it in the taxi. We can't be late!"

Oh, Emma and her obsession with punctuality.

"Are you excited?", she asks, once we're in the taxi. I shrug and laugh, noticing it's her who's the most excited. It's probably the first proper date she's ever gone on, so I'm not surprised she's nervous.

Liam invited Emma on a date but she was too afraid of going alone, so she begged me to come along. Obviously, I said yes but with one condition: it had to be a double date.

And so Emma convinced Liam to invite Harry too so we could all go on a romantic date together.

I smile to myself and look outside through the window. It's a cold rainy day, so I hope the boys don't take us anywhere outdoors after the bowling. Yes, that's right. They've rented out a bowling alley for the whole evening.

We finally get there, and just as we get out of the taxi, a black car stops right behind. I see Harry's sitting on the driver's seat and I smile and wave at him. He copies me, grabs a few things and then walks out of the car.

To my surprise, he only smiles at me and walks straight inside the building.

 I look at Emma with a confused glance, but she tries to comfort me with a smile. Then, she grabs my arm and we walk in and past the security.

"Is that...?" Emma begins, just as I realise the double date I was hoping for will not be between us four. 

Not only Harry and Liam are there, but a third person too: the one and the only, Louis Tomlinson.