Chapter 39: If they only knew they would just be jealous of us

Liam and Emma are the first to leave.

"I'll text you, ok?", Emma whispers in my ear, right before kissing my cheek and going back to Liam.

We all stare at them as they walk out while holding hands.

"Well, someone's going to get lucky tonight.", Louis laughs, lifting his eyebrows.

"They're cute.", adds Harry.

I grunt, so Louis asks me, "You disapprove?"

"What? No, of course not. I like Liam." Harry looks at me and grins. I smile and continue, "It's just Emma... She lives in her own world."

"I'm sure Liam can handle that.", Harry adds, puts his arm over my shoulders and pulls me towards him.

Louis stares at us for a few seconds with a weird look, but finally says, "I think I'm gonna head out too. I've got so much to do tomorrow."

"Alright. It was nice to see you, mate.", says Harry, letting go of me to hug Louis.

Louis smiles at me, says goodbye and then walks away.

Once we're alone, Harry grabs me from behind and rests his chin on my shoulder.

"What now?", he whispers.

I spin round so we're face to face and he lands a kiss on my lips.

"You look so beautiful by the way.", he smiles and I blush, "I didn't want to say anything in front of everyone."

"Thank you. You don't look so bad yourself, Styles."

He laughs and bites his lip.

"Do you want me to take you home?"

I nod, still smiling stupidly, and so he takes my hand and we walk to his car.

Watching him drive is one of the sexiest things I've ever seen. He puts on his hat even though it's nighttime. "Just in case.", he clarifies.

He rests one of his hands on my thigh and turns the radio on. 

Juice by Lizzo starts playing and Harry turns up the volume, "I love this song

Juice by Lizzo starts playing and Harry turns up the volume, "I love this song."

Soon, we both start singing and dancing.

He makes me so happy with all these stupid little things

He makes me so happy with all these stupid little things. Dancing around goofily with him fills my heart with joy and makes me wish I could freeze this moment and replay it a million times.

He parks the car as close as he can from my hose and we run inside.

We jump on the sofa and he takes my legs and puts them on top of his.

"Today was fun.", I comment.

"Yeah. I'm glad you get along so well with Louis and Liam."

"They're so sweet. No wonder the whole world is so obsessed with you all."

Harry frowns and then laughs, "Thank you, I guess."

"Do you ever get stalkers, though?"

"All the time.", he opens his eyes wide and grabs my feet, "I love my fans, but it sometimes gets a bit too much."

"Yeah, I get that. I'm sure paparazzi don't help either."

"You just get used to it, I guess."

"Have they ever made up rumours about you?"

"All the time. Like literally, all the time. And some of them don't even make sense. Apparently, I've already died like ten times."

"Really?"

We both start laughing.

"Good thing I don't read those things.", I add and roll my eyes. It's obvious this is why he didn't say anything to me when we were outside of the bowling alley, although I still ask, "Is that why you don't want to be seen with me?".

Harry leans his head to one side and frowns, "Pardon?"

"What we talked about before... you know. I get it."

"No, you don't get it. It's much more complicated than that."

"You don't want to start rumours.", I say, and take my feet off Harry's lap.

"I want to protect you from all that.", he states. 

Protect me? HA! I don't need him to protect me. I can take care of myself.

Harry notices my unsatisfied face, so he continues,  "Layla, if you want people to know about us, we can do that, but I just think it's a bit early. Besides, they'll start digging up all these awful stuff about you and I don't want that for you."

"I don't care, though. As long as you don't believe them."

"Well you didn't believe all the rumours about me dying so...", he smiles and kisses my hand, "But seriously, I think we should wait. My fans... they don't usually like the girls I date."

"So we're dating?", I smile.

Harry blushes and pulls his hair back, trying to read my reaction. I laugh. He's so cute.

"I was hoping... if you want, of course...", he tries.

Oh God. It's so awkward I can't watch any longer.

"Is that what you want?", I ask, trying to help him.

He nods and we blend in a kiss. Oh my God. I'm dating Harry Styles. FINALLY.

"Is that a yes?", he mumbles.

I laugh. I can't handle this level of cuteness.

Wait, he's actually waiting for an answer. Of course I want to. Of course. Although... I still can't get over what Emma said. How are we going to do it? Is he going to be away all the time? I've just found a job I actually like and am good at so I can't pack my things and leave just like that.

Harry notices something is bothering me so he asks, "You don't want to be my girlfriend?"

"Sh*t, no, no. I mean yes. I do. Of course I do.", I answer, "It's just... I know it's probably too soon to talk about this, but I can't get it out of my head."

"Tell me. We can work it out."