Chapter 6: Find another one 'cause she belongs to me

I look at my phone. Two missed calls from Emma. If it wasn't because she's my boss, I wouldn't even bother to call her back.

"Layla, finally.", she says, "Where were you?"

"I've only been..."

"Yeah, I really need you to do that thing I sent you this morning."

"Can't you do it? I'm with Harry."

Layla laughs ironically and I feel slightly offended. I was being serious, I don't really have time to sort out whatever problem there's been with catering.

"Just do it. I need it tomorrow first thing."

Before I can say anything, she hangs up. Since we're working together, we barely talk about anything else. I sometimes feel like she actually feels superior to me. As if just because she spends all day surrounded by these rich and important people, she's become one of them, which means she can't mingle with "low" people such as me.

I turn my computer on, which had turned itself off by now. From where I'm sitting I can see Harry engaged in a heated conversation with his PA, whatever her name was. God, why am I like this? I know she was called something like Sputnik, but definitely not that. I look at Harry. He seems worried. From the body language, I deduct they're trying to make him do something but he's refusing.

I still can't get over the fact Harry actually asked me if I wanted to listen to his songs beforehand. I obviously said yes, but at this point, I'm beginning to question whether it's just some sort of joke I don't get.

"You look gloomy.", Helena points out. She's looking at me from her desk, which is next to mine, while playing with a pencil between her fingers.

I smile at her politely and rearrange my hair pointlessly. I apply some more lipstick, hoping that it might do the trick.

"You know...", Helena continues, leaning forward as if she was about to tell me a secret, "I've heard Harry's here because he's releasing a new album with the company Mr. Furt manages."

"Oh really?", I pretend to be surprised by what she's saying, and smile to myself. Harry probably told me about it the first night we spent together, even though I can't remember.

"Isn't he really handsome? I would definitely marry him if he asked me."

I let out a snort of laughter.

"Yes, he's quite handsome."

"Quite? Oh, you've got no idea.", she leans back on her chair and shakes her head in disapproval. In a sudden movement, she stands up, "Ok, I'm going to try to catch his attention."

I laugh again and nod, "Good luck."

I watch as she walks towards the water dispenser, and takes a glass

I watch as she walks towards the water dispenser, and takes a glass. Harry looks at her for a split second and she winks at him. I notice how he has to fight not to laugh. He brushes his hair back and crosses his hands on his chest, pretending nothing happened. I'd never noticed how strong he is. He probably goes to the gym, because those biceps...

"And that's how you do it.", Helena states, sitting down again. I turn to her, realising I was staring at Harry.

"Yeah. It looks like you've got experience."

"It all comes down to confidence. He's probably dying for everyone to shut up so he can come here and talk to me right now."

I look at my computer screen, trying to control myself from making an inappropriate comment. About fifteen minutes later, Harry's PA finally walks out of the room. Harry looks around as if he was looking for something in particular.

"Oh, he's probably looking for me.", Helena says. I can't help smiling as I see him walk towards us.

"Layla?", he says. I grin at Helena and shrug, as if I was sorry for him coming up to me instead of her. I stand up and he comes closer to me, so that nobody else can hear what he's telling me, "Can we talk?"

"Sure. Is everything alright?"

He turns around and starts walking. I follow him to the entrance, where there's nobody around.

"You can say no if you don't want to.", he says. He looks worried, so I frown in concern.

"What's up?"

"I could really do with a bit of company right now. I can wait until you've finished work and then we could... I don't know. Whatever's good for you."

I open my eyes in surprise. Is he asking me on some kind of date? Either way, he looks really upset. My first instinct is to hug him, but I control myself. Sh*t, what about that bloody contract? It literally says I can't have any relationship which isn't strictly professional with any artist involved in the event.

Harry's still looking at me with those puppy eyes. How can I say no?

"No pressure, honestly.", he adds.