Year 7: Part 7

Voldemort smirked at Harry who swallowed so loud he swore Voldemort could hear him. That thought made Harry shiver. He froze, seeing Draco standing next to a Death Eater. He new it was his father. Draco didn't give him a second glance, black robes swishing in the wind.

Harry turned back to Voldemort, trying to stand his ground even though he knew what would happen. Everything was about to end now, for better or for worse. And both Harry and Draco knew exactly which one it was going to be.

Draco watched, frozen in place, as Voldemort circled the boy Draco loved more than he thought himself capable of. Harry barely looked at him, jaw set and glowing green eyes focused only on the Dark Lord. Draco's father patted him on the back, leaning down to watch, "This is why we're on this side of the war. Look at the pitiful 'chosen one' compared to his Lord."

Draco just nodded, the rest of his body completely frozen. He watched, wishing he had the nerve to stand in Voldemort's way as Harry threw down his wand, a sneer written across his face. Sure, Dumbledore had already told Draco that this had to happen, but it didn't make the moment any less horrifying. Everything inside him seemed to break, falling into some darkness below, when Voldemort uttered the dreaded words. Those two little words that made Draco so dizzy, he almost fell against his father. Avada Kedavera. The laughter of the dark lord sent him reeling.

The giant half-breed took Harry away. Draco wiped a tear from his face, drawing up the hood of his dark robes so no one could see. It took a while to finally slip away from the crowd of cheering Death Eaters. The shock of everything made him want to throw up. He ran through the forest with no clear direction of where he would end up.

Draco fell against a tree after what felt like hours of running. What if Dumbledore was wrong? What if Harry didn't come back? What if he lost the only person who ever gave a shit about his existence. What if Harry really did die? Draco decided he had to see for himself, Hagrid didn't know him. No one at Hogwarts did. Draco slipped through the trees and into the clearing, spotting the looming towers of Hogwarts over the dark leaves.

He brushed a piece of white hair out of his face, fingers closing around his wand. The wand's magic no longer comforted him the way it used to. But he kept pushing until he reached the field.

Hundreds of students stood in a huge circle, Hagrid's mangy hair towering over them all. Draco's lip curled, that guy needed a serious makeover. But at the time, Draco only cared about the person standing in the very center, the source of all the loud cheering and chatter. Draco grabbed his wand, pulling down his hood and blowing his hair out of his face. It felt right back into his eyes without the gel that always held it in place. Still, he but a sneer on his face, shoving past anyone who dared look at him.

The students parted as if sensing that they should not dare cross him. Draco stepped into the center of the clearing, seeing Harry's bushy hair, a stupid grin on his face. Sniffing and turning up his nose, Draco lowered his wand, looking through the corner of his eyes at everyone staring at him. "Potter," he spat, marching towards Harry, "how dare you go and die on me. How dare you have the nerve to play the hero after years of boycotting all the heroes in this stupid world. How dare you think you could just go and do such a thing without consulting me, you fucking prick!"

Harry's once confused expression melted into a stupid grin. Draco rolled his eyes as Harry too, lowered his wand and ran into Draco's arms. "I thought you forgot about me!"

"I wish," Draco hesitantly hugged him back.

"When I went back, I, I thought things changed but, but they haven't."

"How very eloquent."

"You stupid arse," Harry pulled back for a moment to stare into his face.

Harry's lips felt so familiar against his own and Draco threw his arms around Harry at the impact. He leaned into his mouth, grinning into him. Gasps sounded from all around them, most horrified but Draco didn't care. Nothing mattered except Harry.

That's when he felt it. The curse hit him so quickly Draco almost didn't feel the pain. He didn't register it until he heard someone scream the killing curse. It was Harry. Harry yelled it at someone. A flash of green sparked through the grey sky. The sky was all Draco could see. The clouds rolled in, the Dark Mark disappeared just as Harry yelled the Unforgivable.

Voldemort is dead! He heard Harry scream somewhere far away, you're fucking welcome.

Then the clouds disappeared, replaced by green eyes that sparkled with an inner light. Get away! He heard again, somewhere in a different world.

Draco!

The green eyes disappeared and everything started melting away into a great Darkness.

----

One more chapter left! I hope you enjoyed this one. 

I have a new story coming soon. If you like romance (boy x boy) and young adult fiction, make sure to check it out. I'll make an announcement when it's out but the sample will be out before the final chapter so when that's up, the sample will be up as well. The story is called So Where Does that Put Us, and it's about a guy who's sister died and he's trying to deal with parent troubles, homophobia, and increasing depression. The guy's best friend tries to figure out his own identity, trying to save someone who can't be saved. 

That was a really bad hook, but it's probably the best thing I've ever written.

Let me know what you think about this chapter! :)