Year 7: Part 1

Draco shook his leg nervously, looking at all the wizards and witches around him. If his father knew he was here, if Voldemort knew he was here, they'd have his neck. He'd be in deeper shit than he could ever have imagined. 

Dumbledore was gone, meaning he had no one to protect him in case the Dark side found out. He couldn't stop shaking his leg. What if someone found Harry, who was waiting for him in one of the upstairs bedrooms. What if one of the people at the at this table was a spy and they outed him to Voldemort?

Mr. Weasley eyed him with suspicion, distrust shown through every pore in his body. He looked from Old Weasley to Young Weasley. Ron had the same expression as his father did on his freckled face. 

None of them trusted him. 

None of them wanted him here. 

He shouldn't have come. He should have left with Harry and Pansy when he had the chance. But Harry had insisted he stay through the summer. Why? He wasn't really sure. 

Harry may have decided to stand against Voldemort, but the Dark Lord was still in his head, and he still had his ups and downs. Sometimes his eyes would start to glow and he'd try to attack him. Pansy had spent all summer at her family's estate, which probably had something to do with Harry wanting them to stay the summer before searching for horcruxes. 

 "We cannot be sure if Harry Potter is a threat or a friend," Neville said, sitting between Ron and Hermione. 

Draco sat directly across from him, giving him a steady stream of glares. If he wanted to, Draco could pop back in time and wipe that smirk of Longbottom's face. His hand reached up to his neck, his long finger tracing the smooth surface of Merlin's Time-Turner. He breathed a sigh of relief, stopping the jiggling in his leg. 

"You're in the same House as Harry," Remus said, "what side is he on?"

Draco looked into Lupin's eyes, frowning slightly. "Depends on the day. Slytherins aren't necessarily choosers. It's about benefits."

"Oh and I suppose you being in the Order gives you some benefit?" Hermione rolled her eyes. 

Draco thought about that meeting with Dumbledore, how the old wizard had told him that joining the Order was the only way to save Harry. Talk about the only benefit that could move a Malfoy to the Light side. "Yes it does," he smirked.

"And what might that be?" she pressed. 

"None of your business." 

"Oh I'll-"

"Stop!" Remus put his hands on the table, "this is going no where. Draco is on our side, just like Sirius was even though he came from a Dark bloodline.

"We'll take a break from this. Hogwarts starts back up in tomorrow and that's when the Dark Lord is going to start enforcing his plan. Draco keep us updated on his plans, he controls Hogwarts now, but if you keep us in the loop, we'll find a way in.

"Neville, Hermione, Ron, keep in touch with Draco and try and keep your eye on Harry. Goodnight."

Remus pulled out his wand and disappeared with a loud crack.  

All the wizards filed out, Draco watching them from a dark corner, trying to avoid attention. The Order didn't like him. He knew that the only reason they tolerated him was because Dumbledore saw something in him. 

Of course none of them knew his connection with Harry. He barely understood his connection with Harry. 

He found himself yearning for him whenever they were apart. Speaking of which... He was alone now, the last wizard having Apparated away. He grinned, running up the stairs and into the room Harry was waiting in. 

The dark haired boy was sitting cross-legged on the old rickety beds, green eyes unfocused. He looked up at Draco, smile spreading across his face. "Hey," he patted the spot next to him. 

Draco sat down on the bed, wrapping his arms around Harry and leaning his head on Harry's shoulder. "Pansy will be here in an hour or so."

Harry nodded. "That gives us plenty of time."

"What?"

"That gives us plenty of time," Harry repeated, pulling away from Draco to look into his eyes. 

They both smiled, Harry leaning in to kiss him. Their lips touched briefly, but Draco pulled away. "This is wrong."

Harry shrugged, "But it feels so right," he kissed Draco again, and this time he gave in. 

Their tongues battled each other and Draco ended up winning, forcing Harry down onto the bed. Harry moaned quietly, wrapping his arms around the blonde. 

He ran a hand down Harry's chest, fiddling with his shirt when a voice cried out. "Ew! Keep it TV-Y!"

Draco popped up, Harry close behind him. "What's TV-Y?"

"It's like the television version of G, but gayer." Pansy said matter-of-factly.

"How is it... gayer?" Harry asked, holding Draco's arm. 

"That's what My Little Pony is rated," she said as if that explained everything she was saying. "Now, we have some work to do and evil overlords to stop, so stop making out and get your luggage together."

-----

Woo-hoo! We're in the home stretch. 

I want start doing a sort of Q&A. So ask me a question and I'll answer it. Someone actually pmed me about how I knew I was gay, so I'll start there 

Q: how did you realize you were gay?

A: There's a story with this. So by the time I was a small kid I knew that girls were gross (well doesn't every little boy think girls are gross) but I didn't realize I was attracted to guys until I was about ten or eleven. Like I knew before that but I was suppressing it a lot.

I went to this summer camp. Great experience. But sticking a closeted gay kid who didn't know he was gay in a cabin full of boys was just a great idea. There was this guy in my cabin, he was older than me, he was cool and hot and I really liked him. Like a lot. 

We became really good friends and would have really deep conversations about life and what we wanted to be when we grew up, and I remember sitting in these set of stairs and thinking, "I want to kiss him. I really want to kiss him." 

All that to say I did not kiss him but when I went home I started thinking about it and realized "Wow. I like guys." Then I suppressed it more until the next time I went to the camp and met a very different boy that I also liked and ever since then I have been fully aware that I am very, very gay.