Chapter 32.

|| Melody||

"get her!" I yell as we watched them get into the car. We had ran into their apartment parking right on time, just in time to see them climb into the car hauling a duffel bag. I was being pulled my Officer Ross as he got into the police car and sped behind the car of the girls that ruin everything.

"What the fùck dude!" I yelled as I saw he nearly crashed into another car.

"What?! We need to catch them!" He said not taking his eyes off the car in front of him. I watched as people looked our way in a worried look, cars trying to get out of the way to not interfere with this big mess. I felt the vibration of something against my leg until I realized it was my phone. Jason.

"Hello?" I asked keeping my eyes on the road.

"Melody! Where are you! Louis is now in the hospital as well." I sighed pulling at my hair. This was so frustrating.

"I'm with a police officer trying to catch Jessica and Danielle." I didn't want to tell him this because we would freak out.

"What! Melody come back! You're going to get hurt and end up in the hospital too!" I hear him close a door in the background.

"No Jason, I have to for Eleanor." I clicked the end button and turned my phone of for no more interruptions. Finally the car ran into a dead end and they had nowhere to go. As we had chased after them 5 other cop cars had joined the chase.

"Put your hands in the air!" I watched as someone said that through the microphone. We watched as both Jessica and Danielle slowly got out of the car. Officer Ross used that opportunity to get out of the car and go and hand cuff them. He approached closer but the sound of a shot gun, stopped is dead in our tracks. I screamed as I ran to the officer but the others held me back as they handcuffed Jessica and Danielle.

"You ugly bitch!" Danielle laughed and looked me in the eyes.

"Hopefully I killed Louis and Eleanor!" She laughed harder this time, sounding like a maniac.

"You didn't." I whispered.

"I did in deed." she laughed and stuck her middle finger out behind her back. Jessica looked at the ground not bothering to look up.

"You Jessica are going to pay for hurting Louis." I Snarled. She shook her head and looked up.

"I didn't mean to." she whispered with tears in her eyes.

"Yeah right." I scoffed. The cops took them behind the car as I ran to the spot where officer Ross had been shot.

"Ross!" I screamed at the man. He lazily opened his eyes and smiled at me.

"You've been a great companion." He whispered weakly.

" Thanks." I reply sadly. One of the cops shook his head as he whispered something in Ross ear. He nodded and smiled at me. Soon the sound of an ambulance approaching could be heard.

"Mel, promise me something." I nodded trying to hold back tears in my eyes.

"If anything happens to me, please tell my wife and my two daughters that I love them very much okay?" He whispered .

"Don't say that nothing will happen." I choked on my own words. He softly chuckled. Soon I was being pulled out of the way by paramedics who help the injured Ross into a bed carriage and into the ambulance.

"I need to go with him." I told the paramedic. She nodded and pulled open the door to the ambulance for me to sit in the back.

________________________

I quickly scurried off to Louis room first to check up on him, but as I open the door I walked in on a surprise. He was actually awake. Laughing with Jason by his side, with a bandage around his arm.

"Louis?" I asked confused. He smiled and optioned for me to come in. I close the door behind me and stand next to Jason.

"I thought you were seriously hurt." he shook his head and smiled.

"Thanks to Officer Ross great idea of putting a bullet proof vest on the only thing that got damaged was my arm sadly." He chuckled. I couldn't help but hug him.

"I'm so fucking glad you're okay." he laughs

"Did they catch Jessica and Danielle?" Jason asked beside me. I nodded with a sad smile in my face.

"But officer Ross got shot." Louis gasped and sighed.

"I fucking hate them both." I nodded agreeing with him.

"I'm going to go check up on him okay?" I told Jason and Louis. they both nodded as I headed for the door. I waled about 3 hallways down and walked towards his room, just as soon as a doctor walked out of it.

"Doc, how is he?" I asked. He looked at me with sad eyes.

"I'm afraid that Officer Ross didn't make it."