Valentine's Day Part 2

"Anna! You ordered me Honey Chicken! I knew I loved you for a reason!"

"Hey!"

"Joking, they are so many more reasons why I love you!" Katherine replied as she brought the chopsticks closer to her mouth.

"Kat, wait for everyone else to get their food, " Jane reminded her. Kat, Anna, Catherine Seymour and Catherine Parr were served theirs first. Anna had got Kat Honey Chicken, Kat had got Anna a Egg fried rice, Jane had got Catherine Mussels and Anne had ordered Cathy Crispy Chili Beef.

"But I'm hungry, " Jane shot a look at the young woman, " Okay Mum, "

"Jane! I'm hungry," Anne whinged in a childish voice.

"So am I Jane!" Anna added.

"Well you'll have to wait, won't you? You're all grown women, I can't completely mother you all at a restaurant! At home yes, but not..."

"What do you expect Jane to do? Magic something out of thin air?" Catherine joined in, speaking calmly for a change.

"Once Anne has her food, you can start eating," Jane added softly

"What about you love?" She diverted her attention back to Jane.

"It's fine, honestly. Oh, look Anne, that's yours," Jane turned to see a waitress walking towards their table.

"How do you know that's not your's Jane?"

"Because that looks like scallops in a black bean sauce and unless my wife is being an idiot again, she wouldn't have ordered me something I can't eat,"

"Aww, I love you Cathy!" Anne said as the meal was put in front of her.

"I love you too babe,"

Jane allowed everyone to start eating but  Catherine attempted to persuade them against that. Failing, Catherine decided to eat once Jane had received hers.

Around ten minutes later, when most people had nearly finished, Jane's meal finally arrived. Catherine had ordered her Vermicelli with shredded chicken.

Once they were home, they all snuggled on the sofa watching a film. Catherine was on one end next to Jane and Anne was on the other next Cathy to prevent as many arguments as possible.

"I think we can say that this has been the best Valentine's Day ever - my big dysfunctional family!" Cathy spoke softly, after a long comfortable silence.