Seymour x Aragon

Jane sat there holding Catherine's hand, knowing that this would probably be the last conversation they would have.

"I'm so sorry baby, about the accident that put you here, " Jane whispered with tears escaping the corner of her eyes but telling herself to stay strong for Catherine.

"It's... not... y-your... f-f-fault," Catherine replied with as much strength she could fine in her voice.

"No, love stop talking it's not doing you any good," Jane cried, "I was driving, If I had seen the car that came into the front I could have-"

"Jane, he was coming round the corner 20 miles over the speed limit on the wrong side of the road, it's not your fault, he's being charged," Mary reminded Jane, holding her mother's other hand.

"Catherine, I love you, and I can't live without you," Jane's vision bounded by tears as she saw the heart monitor slow down.

"J-jane, M-mary, I-I love...y-you two... s-so much," Catherine's eyes closed for what would be the final time.

Watching Jane broke down, after Cath shut her eyes, Mary looked at the monitor still slightly beeping and frantically hit the button to address medical staff. As the room flooded with doctors and nurses, Mary and Jane leant into one another against a wall holding each other's shaking palms.

"Please Mum, please,"

The line went flat.

A/N
I had a random desire to write something sad... did I succeed?