i'm glad you came

title: heaven by finneas

billie's POV

------------------

no fucking way.

okay but how did i not see this coming?

mom said there were people in my grade staying with the neighbors for the next year and i didn't catch on.

i must be dumber than i thought.

is that a word?

dumber.

yes.

i think.

maybe.

i'm getting off topic.

just say hi.

"um... hey olivia" i say and run my hand through my hair. i'm positive i look like shit. i've been in bed ever since school. her brother stands close behind her as she approaches me. i shoot noah a glare and he glares back. "can we talk?" i ask. "y-y-yeah." she nods. i grab her hand and lead her to my room, leaving everyone else in a curious shock.

"sorry it's a mess. there's a lot going on right now and i haven't had the time to clean it." i say with a small laugh. "i-i-it's fi-fine." she laughs it off. i straighten the covers on my bed and sit down, patting the spot next to me. she sits down beside me and i put my hand on top of her's. "i want you to know i'm really sorry about what happened today." i tell her, making her furrow her eyebrows. "wh-why a-a-are y-yo-you s-s-sor-s-sorry?" she asks with a look of pure confusion on her face. "i wanted to help you. i shouldn't have let him take you" i explain. "i-it's fi-fin-fine b-bil-billie. i'm al-alri-alright" she says with a small, obviously fake, smile. "no. it's not fine. noah needs to learn that he can't treat you like that. the way he picked you up. he made you look.... helpless." i argue, looking down at our hands. "it's al-alright. i pro-prom-promise. i'm o-okay" she lies. "i know that's a lie olivia. if you were telling the truth, why would your eyes tell me otherwise?" i ask. "i-i'm f-f-fi-fine" she repeats, covering her eyes with her hands. "you're something else you know that?" i let out a breathy laugh. "i-i'll ta-tak-take th-th-that as a com-compli-compliment" she laughs along. "are you sure you're okay?" i question. "i-i'm s-sur-s-s-sure" she forces out. "okay. whatever you say. do you want to go back to every one else now?" i ask. "in j-jus-just a min-minut-minute" she nods. "okay. we'll stay in here for as long as you want." i say with a small, hopefully comforting smile.

after about a half an hour of just talking about whatever comes to our minds, we walk back out to the living room. noah immediately looks me right in the eye with a strict, serious, angry look. i give him a wide smile and squeeze olivia's hand, getting a smile from her in return. noah approaches us and eyes our intertwined hands. "olivia. a moment?" he asks in a fake hoe voice. "i-i'll b-be ba-back in a b-bit. sa-save m-m-m-me a s-s-se-s-seat?" she whisper to me. "of course belle" i smile and squeeze her hand before letting go of it.

i sit down at the table and mom eyes me. "what was that about?" she asks. everyone else is in the living room, but i'm sure dinner is about ready. "just something that happened at school. i don't really feel like talking about it." i shut it down and take out my phone. "okay. well, if you ever need to talk you know i'm here. right?" she asks in a concerned voice. "yeah mom. i know." i respond without looking up from my phone. i hear her sigh a little and she sets a plate down in front of me before setting the rest of the table.

about five minutes later, everyone except for noah and olivia is sitting around the table. "i should go make sure they haven't ran off" i joke and excuse myself. i walk out to the backyard where i saw noah effortlessly drag olivia by the wrist. noah is really getting on my nerves today. i'm sure he wears vans. big body, little dick.