underneath the starry sky

title: hollywood forever - finneas

billie's POV

the next day*

-------------------------------

to be completely honest, i wasn't planning on having sex with olive so soon, it just happened. we've been together for nearly a month now so it's not super soon. but i feel really close to her now, even closer than i felt before.

i'm falling

hard

"hey, why don't we go out tonight? just you and i?" i suggest. "that sounds perfect" she agrees. "alright, i've had it planned out for a while i just didn't know when" i explain. "awe, you're adorable" she smiles and boops my nose. "should i dress up nice?" she asks. "i'll pick something out for you" i tell her. "okay" she nods.

i pack up my car with everything i think we'll need and pick out an outfit for olive and change into some different clothes. "you ready?" i ask, knocking on my door. "yep, i don't really understand why you want me to wear sweats though." she furrows her eyebrows as she opens the door. "you'll find out. come on" i smile and take her hand, leading her out to my car. i drive to the gas station and we get out of the car. "get anything you want" i order, grabbing two bags of takis and some other stuff. olivia gives me a confused look but chooses some stuff. we get to the cashier and olivia tries to put her card in the machine. i take it from her hand and put my card in before she can. "you two have a great night" the cashier gives us a small smile. "you too" i respond as we walk out the door.

"it's a long drive, are you okay with that?" i ask. "yeah" she nods. she connects her phone to the bluetooth and starts playing some music. she shuffles her playlist and one of finneas's songs plays. "my brudder" i smile proudly. "why don't you release the music you and finneas make?" she asks. "i don't know. i just don't feel like it's good enough" i explain. "don't say that. your music is beautiful. i wish i could listen to it all the time but it's not on spotify because of someone" she pouts. "okay hold on." i sigh and pull over. i take out my phone and send her a link to the songs finneas and i have made. she smiles widely as i get back on the road. she presses one of them and a familiar song starts playing. "no billie, i haven't done that dance since my wife died" the song plays through the car and olive smiles widely.

the song ends and she plays another one. "you wanna know something kinda funny?" i ask. "always" she responds. "that last song, it was about you" i laugh, utterly embarrassed that i had just admitted that. "aw, that's my new favorite song" she pouts and puts her hands over her heart. "there was a song that i wrote about you when we first met, wish you were gay. that was when i didn't know that you were a lesbian, it seems pointless now" i explain. she looks through the songs and turns it on. "this makes me sound so rude" she frowns. "that wasn't really the point, i wrote it so people would think something else of it if i ever released it but the chorus is about you." i tell her. "what did you want people to think it was about?" she asks. "just that there was a guy that didn't really like me so i wished it was because he didn't like girls" i shrug. "but there is that deeper meaning that people probably won't catch on to" i continue. "oh, i get it" she nods. "are there any more about me?" she asks hopefully. "well, there's one about what happened with noah, &burn" i answer.

"i don't get why you don't think these are good enough. they're amazing" she tells me once we listen to all of them except for the ones i said weren't finished. "maybe i'll release them someday" i shrug. "i think you should. i'm really proud of you, you know that?" she says with a smile. "thanks mamas, i'm proud of you too" i smile, trying to hide a blush.

it's dark outside now, but we've finally arrived. "this was my great-grandma's summer house, she left it to my family when she passed." i explain as i lead her inside. the house is sat on top of a hill overlooking a forest. it's a nice little cabin with a hot tub on the balcony and a playground in the backyard. it's gorgeous, i've always wanted to live here. i haven't brought any of my friends here, no one except for my family has been here. not even claudia. i checked with my family and they said it was okay.

i show olive around, give her the swimming suit i packed for her and we get in the hot tub. "this is perfect billie" she tells me, looking up at the sky. she's sitting between my legs with her back pressed to my front and i have my arms around her. she lays her head back on my chest and i kiss the top of it. "you're perfect" i say with a small smile. she turns around to face me and sits on my lap. she looks into my eyes as i stare back into hers. i see her slowly lean in and i meet her in the middle, pressing our lips together.

god damn

i'm never gonna stop falling am i?

harry styles be like

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: by the way, i've been meaning to say this but i keep forgetting, this book was inspired by a book called 'exchange' by bilstan. that book is amazing, go check it out if you haven't already