high school

title: high school - nicki minaj

olivia's POV

--------------------------------------------

"babe, i have a song for you" billie says. "sing it, but make it fast cause we gotta go soon." i clap. she pulls me to her room and sits me down on her bed, grabbing her ukulele and sitting cross legged beside me. "she's got a thing for fitness, seven days a week. but i don't really care unless she's working out with me. she's got a thing for flowers, but only certain kinds. and by certain kinds i mean only if it's mine" she starts, playing chords as she sings. "this sounds-" i start but she cuts me off. "don't get enough, she don't get enough. i don't get enough, she don't get enough of me. don't get enough, i don't get enough, she don't get enough." she continues. "there's no innuendos, it's exactly what you think. believe me when i tell you, daddy loves the color pink." she whispers, singing in my ear and bursting into laughter. "that was really good" i laugh. "thank you" she smiles pridefully. "okay we gotta go" i rush her, grabbing her by the wrist and walking us to the driveway. 

we get to school and walk to our first period. billie sits beside me and i take out my binder, placing it on my desk. billie got all of noah's old classes so we have every class together now. the class starts and the teacher rambles on about our assignment for the day. "olive" billie whispers, poking my side. she hands me a note and i laugh quietly, taking it and opening it under my desk.

you're pretty

i smile to myself and look over, seeing her waiting for my reaction. i take out a sticky note and write a note back, folding it up neatly and passing it to her subtly. 

how pretty are you talking though? because obviously
not as pretty as you

she rolls her eyes as she reads it and starts writing back quickly. she tries to fold it like i did but ends up failing. she unfolds it and folds it into a heart shape and places it on my desk without looking away from the front of the room.

maybe we go to the bathroom and i show you how
 pretty  i think you are

i raise my eyebrows as my eyes go wide at the thought of it. but quickly write back "later", knowing we should stay in class. i look over at billie and see her frowning at me. i shake my head at her and she bows her head, pretending to cry. "you're fine" i whisper. "ladies, is there something you would like to share with the class?" the teacher asks. "sure" billie smiles, standing up. i grab her wrist and try to pull her back down as i feel eyes on me. my breath speeds up and i feel my heart drop to my feet, knowing that people are silently judging me. "actually um... nevermind" billie shrugs and sits down. "don't let it happen again." the teacher threatens. "i-it w-w-won't." i whisper and look down.

the day was pretty boring but we stayed at school through all our classes.  once we get home we toss our bags on the floor and get in bed. billie takes out her phone and plays some music. "is now later?" she asks. "what?" i furrow my eyebrows. "you said that i could show you how pretty i think you are later" she reminds me. "oh yeah" i remember, smirking a little. "go ahead" i agree.