pretending

title: ANKLES - jessie reyez

olivia's POV

-------------------------------------------

"o-okay gr-grand- grandma let me e-e-explain. b-billie and i are d-d-da-dating." i tell her once i hang up. "for how long?" she asks. "thr-three al-almost f-f-four m-m-months." i answer. "is it serious?" she questions. "i'd sa-s-say so y-yes. you h-he-heard me say i -l-l-love you b-be-before h-hanging up right?" i laugh a little. "and he lives in the US?" she asks. "billie-" i start. "y-y-y-yes." i nod, cutting myself off. "why haven't you ever talked about him?" she questions. "i d-d-do-don't kn-kn-know. i didn't th-th-think you'd c-c-care." i shrug. "of course i care! you could end up marrying billie" she exclaims. "i g-g-guess you're r-r-r-right y-yeah. i do th-th-th-think about that very o-often." i nod. "so when is he coming to visit? this weekend?" she asks hopefully. "b-b-billie can't j-j-just spend th-that much m-m-mon-money on a pla-p-plane t-tic-ticket just to c-co-come up for tw-t-t-two days" i laugh a little. "then i'll buy it" she insists. "no gra-gran-grandma.... actually... i r-re-really do m-m-miss b-billie. it'd de-def-definitely ch-ch-cheer me u-u-up" i say, biting the nail on my middle finger. "don't bite your nails sweetheart. it makes them look trashy. and we're gonna get that stutter fixed, it's very unprofessional and sometimes i can't understand a word you're saying" grandma orders, grabbing my wrist and pulling it away from my face. "sorry ma'am. b-but you would r-the-really do that?" i ask, trying to force myself not to stutter. "of course." she nods. "then i g-guess i can't s-stop you" i laugh a little.

what the fuck have i gotten myself into?

bitch is gonna have a heart attack when she finds out billie isn't a guy.

wait. then maybe she'd die i'd get to live somewhere else.

no, don't think about that.

that's bad.

but maybe 👀