Tremors in the Heart

Grace took deep breaths as she stepped onto the dresser. Tonight was going to be the night she confesses her feelings to Duncan. Her heart yearned to be close to him, to be held and kissed by him. But she could never be too close to him due to her life as a borrower, well to hell with that rule! Duncan already knew about borrowers, and has kept it quiet ever since he found out. Grace could trust him. 
Grace wanted to wear something nice when she confessed, although she didn't have a variety of that… but the flowy summer white dress was good enough. 
Duncan's game should be over by now. He was talking about how if his team won this, they would be going to the championship! Grace hoped he would win, she knew he trained really hard for this and she didn't want him to beat himself up if he lost. But he was taking such a long time, was that a good thing?
The sound of his car coming up in the driveway made her heart skip a beat. He was finally here! Grace felt her nerves build up, could she really confess to him? What would he say? Would he feel the same way? 
"WE'RE GOING TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!"
That didn't sound like Duncan at all. Before Grace could put two and two together, a horrible shockwave sent Grace stumbling over the edge of the dresser. Luckily, one of the drawers was partially open and Grace landed on a pile of socks. Was that an earthquake? Grace peaked her head out of the drawer as the tremors grew worse. Suddenly, the door burst open and eleven teenage boys poured into Duncan's room!
Grace quickly ducked back down and buried herself into Duncan's socks as all the boys shouted "CHAMP! CHAMP! CHAMP!" 
"Guys! Calm down!" Duncan called out to the rowdy boys. "We got a few weeks before we face the Bulls! So we really need to focus on our training!" 
Just hearing the sound of his voice made Grace's heart skip a beat. What she wouldn't do just to be alone with him right now.
"Yeah, and WE'RE GOING TO SLAUGHTER THOSE BULLS!!!" 
Grace covered her ears as more boys erupted into cheers. On one hand, she was happy to hear that Duncan was going to the championship but on the other, she just wanted all of his friends to leave immediately before she gets a headache from all the screaming they're doing. They all seemed so different from Duncan, who was so quiet and gentle. If Grace hadn't watched him through all the years, she would've never guessed that he was a football player. 
Still, just the sound of him being happy and cheering along with his friends made Grace smile. She could just picture the joy on his face. The happiness in his blue eyes, and a dashing smile that could melt hearts. Grace may have failed to tell him how she felt, but she was glad to know that she was there to silently cheer him on, even if he didn't know it. 
~~~~~
Later that evening, when all the celebrations had died and everyone went home. Duncan was putting away his laundry. He opened up his sock drawer and almost dumped them in carelessly, when he noticed a blonde figure partially buried in his socks. Duncan gently cupped the figure in his hands and saw it was a sleeping Grace in a white dress. He chuckled to himself, he always seemed to find this girl in the weirdest places. But Duncan didn't blame her for falling asleep with his socks, he assumed she got trapped there when his friends were here. But his bed was probably a better place for her.
Duncan kept staring at the sleeping girl as he placed her on his pillow. She was so beautiful, like a porcelain doll. If only he could tell her about how he really felt about her, but she was always so nervous around him, she would never want to love a giant being like him.