Nightmares

The ground shook as Melody walked across the carpeted floor. She was getting closer. Something felt wrong, her parents should have been back by now. Her mother always told her not to leave the walls without her but after hearing so many loud thumps, she just had to look for them. 
But with each step she took the carpet grew longer, trying to wrap around her limbs. She fought through the matted ropes, until she finally stumbled out onto the white tiled floor of the kitchen. That's when she stared up at the bean of this house. He was an angry man, with a scruffy black beard and long greasy hair. 
"Where are you, you little shits!" The man shouted. His angry blue eyes trailed down to the ground and fell upon the little redheaded girl. "So… there were more of you." 
"W...where are m...m...my parents?" 
"Oh, I'll show them to you." He started to walk towards Melody, his steel toe boots sending tremors that made her struggle to stay on her feet. 
"I just want them to come home!" Melody cried out. 
"Well that's not going to happen." 
To Melody's horror, the man raised his foot in the air. A silhouette of his boot hovered above her. She didn't waste anymore time, she booked it into the shaggy carpet. She barely missed getting smashed into a bloody paste. It was like running through the forest. She had no idea where the secret passageway was anymore. But the man kept stomping on the ground, until Melody lost her footing and tangled herself into the carpet. No matter how hard she struggled, she couldn't break free. 
"I found you." The man laughed. His foot raised up and in a swift motion was brought down.
~~~~~
Melody shrieked and fell out of her bed. Her eyes scanned the area around her. She wasn't in that house, she was in her room miles away from him. The teen wiped the cold sweat from her forehead, six years, and these nightmares hadn't stopped. Maybe they would if Melody ever knew what happened to her parents, but this mystery would likely remain unsolved. Melody brushed away her thoughts and grabbed her canteen. If she was going to deal with these thoughts, she wasn't going to deal with it sober.