In the Night

It had been a long time since Stella was able to have a peaceful sleep, and tonight was no exception. Within just a few hours, Stella's life was back into the hands of a giant. His name was Jason and what scared her was that she had no idea what his intentions were. Was he going to slice her arms, crush her miniscule body, or something far worse than what Ed and Mike ever did to her. Just the thoughts of her impending doom were enough to drive Stella into madness. She started to wonder if she should just jump off the kitchen counter while she had the chance, at least then she would have total control over her own fate. But when she peered over the edge of the darkness that led to a concrete floor, Stella knew she couldn't go through with it. No, there had to be another way out of here! 

Her green eyes began to adjust to the dark and she peered out towards Jason who slept over on a small bed in the far corner of the room. She watched as his chest rose and fell at a steady rate. His loud snoring rumbled through the night, as if there was a growling beast lurking in the shadows, biding his time before he would strike out at his prey. 

"Why… why couldn't you just look away like other giants do?" 

"Mmm?" 

Stella gasped as she saw Jason began to stir. She scrambled back to the small pile of napkins that was considered her bed. Did she wake him up? Would he be mad? Oh of course he would be mad, waking up a slumbering giant is the worst thing to do! He was gonna punish her, Stella just knew it! Maybe she could pretend she was asleep and he won't hurt her. 
Jason crawled out of his bed and walked towards the bathroom. Once he was in there, Stella let out a sigh of relief, maybe she would be spared for once. A few minutes later, he emerged from the bathroom, but instead of strolling back to his bed, he moved towards her. 

Her body began to tremble as she felt the man loom over her. Oh god, she wasn't going to be spared! She felt a thumb trace down her back and Stella knew this was it, he was going to crush her by only using a thumb! She just prayed that it would be a quick death. 

Something thin but warm brushed over her. She peeked her eyes open and saw a napkin folded over her. Stella tried to get a look at Jason's face but the shadows partially covered it, however she could have sworn she saw him give out a type of smile she had never seen worn on a giant before. 

She watched him slump back onto his bed and within minutes, the snores started back up again. Questions ran through Stella's mind, why would he do that for her? Could this be some sort of trick to get her to let her guard down? Whatever it was, Stella knew she had to leave before Jason's true colors would be revealed.