Professor Jackson

( A/N:  Haven't updated in three days, yeah I know you guys don't have to rub it in,but seriously things are tense here at home , but you don't need the whole details,so enjoy)
______________________________________

'Percy is just your friend, he's just your friend, just a friend, he's friendly with you because he's your friend,he kissed you yesterday because he cares about you,and plus it was on the forehead, nothing serious,so calm down Hermione,you were excited about this, you get to spend a whole hour with your friend, your very good friend who you suddenly feel uncomfortable thinking about'
Her mind shut down when she got to his office door. She took a deep breath and pushed it open and walked in. The office was seriously spacious,with a huge mahogany office table which Percy was currently sitting behind,there was a long comfortable sofa with fluffy pillows that reminded her of home,a small coffee table and somehow a huge flat screen TV on the side wall. That made her frown at him.
"Why is there a TV in your office?"she asked pointing at it
"I'm a demigod with a really guilty father who is trying to make up for lost time together by giving me gifts. We had a lot of fun with that TV,who knew gods were great at video games?"
"So,dad,as in, Poseidon?"she asked.
"Yeah, have a hard time believing it myself"
"How is it having a god for a father?"
"Terrible"he answered making her frown again. He sighed"being a demigod means signing a life time warranty of being chased around by monsters, children of the big three have it worse because the godly scent in our blood is really powerful."
"But you have abilities , godly powers to help you defeat these monsters right?"
"Yes, abilities are there, but t it takes time to master them,to use them without putting both yourself and your friends in danger, most of us don't have that experience,and hence most of us don't reach adulthood,we never get to have children,we never get to see our children grow,we die before either our parents,we get to miss out on most of the fun the world has to offer"
"That's horrible" she said in a small voice.
"It is,but it's also fun"
"How could being chased around by monsters fun?"
"If you survive long enough,it becomes exhilarating,to fight monsters and kill them,the adrenaline rush, it's amazing"he said smiling."By the way,you never told me how you knew of my heritage"
"Would it surprise you if I told you I dreamt of you and your dad?"
"Nope"he answered.
"Really?"
"Dreams are part of demigod life"he answered"what exactly did you see in the  dream?"
"Well,I saw your dad giving you a Trident "
"Oh, you mean this?"he asked uncapping his pen which he had been twirling in his hand the whole time. The small ordinary thing grew to a majestic bronze like Trident, it's three prongs gleaming wickedly.
Hermione , unconsciously, zoomed towards it and began running her fingers through its symbols. At the top, just below the prongs, there was an image curved there,of a girl with a bow and notched arrow pointed skywards.
"It's beautiful"she whispered.
"Yes you are"Percy answered looking directly at her.
"What?"
"I meant the Trident"he answered,his face a slight shade of red" she's a beauty isn't she?" He said taking his eyes away from her.
"Y..ye..yes,yes she is"she answered looking down.
Hermione didn't know why but it hurt,so bad. She thought he was talking about her,and her heart had already broken really high speed limits, those words swirling in her head like a violent twister,but as it turned out,he was talking about his stupid Trident. 'Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa ,why do you care so much about what he thinks of you, he's your friend, just your friend,'
"Does she have a name?"she asked.
"Previously it used to be a sword before dad changed it to a Trident. It's name was anaklusmos,the Greek word for Riptide,the current that takes one by surprise"
"What about now?"
"Now , it's still Riptide in pen form,but in this form,I named it Zoe"
"Zoe?"
"Yep"he said looking at the curving of the girl.
"Who is she?"
Percy smiled sadly before he looked directly at her once more making her breath hitch"she was the bravest person I have ever had the privilege to go on a quest with"
"W..was?"
Percy chuckled as he capped the Trident back to pen form and holding her by the shoulders"story for another day,now,I get to have my revenge"
"What?"
Ignoring her puzzled expression,he walked past her and switched on the TV before flicking his hand making a gleaming black PS4 appear just below the TV"I am going to beat your current record Granger"
The grin she had was threatening to tear apart her face. She quickly took off her robe and dashed to the huge sofa."oh it is on Jackson"she said grabbing her pad.
He smiled before joining her on the sofa as the game loaded.