Chapter 2 - Essay

- Andy's POV -

I put on a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a cute oversized pink sweater. I looked pretty good so I decided to stay with that outfit. I quickly ran to the living room to say goodbye to my mum, then headed outside. Usually my mum took me to school by car, but she got sick, so I had to walk. Not like that was a problem, it was just a bit chilly so I regretted not putting on a jacket before leaving.

When I got to the school, my friend Brook caught me immediately and I knew that meant I'll have to stay by his side for the rest of the day.
"I won't let those bullies get to you today." he said with a smile. I wrapped an arm around his shoulder and he put his around my waist. We walked to our first shared class like that.

"Oi look at the fags! Did you catch the disease too Wyatt? You shouldn't hang out with the little rainbow so much." Jack said as we passed by him and his friends. Brook tried to pretend he didn't care, but I saw the pain in his eyes. He liked that Duff guy and hearing him say those mean words hurt him.
"Brook... He's a bully. You shouldn't care about him."
"I know... But remember how we were back in elementary school? Jack was always so nice to me, we were good friends. He even kissed me once..." Brook sighed as he looked at Jack's direction and saw him and his girlfriend eating each other. I liked his girlfriend, Kirsty was cute and nice, but if her and Jack were together then she became just as much of an asshole as him.
"Brooklyn, stay strong." I whispered, rubbing his back.

The first class started and 10 minutes later Rye and his friends arrived as well and after the teacher scolded them, the lesson carried on.
"Okay students, it's time to write an essay. Everybody choose a partner to work with. Oh, except you, Beaumont. And Andrew."

The blood froze in me as the teacher said my name. I turned my head to look at her with wide eyes.
"Sorry Andrew, but Ryan really needs a good grade. You're my best student, maybe you could help-"
"Help me? This fucking faggot?! How will he fucking help me, he'll suck my dick?"

"Ryan we don't talk like this about other people, you're being disrespectful. And don't forget, this helps you with your grade since you're pretty close to failing History. I know Andy will get an A, but if you make him do all the work, you will get an F, no matter how good the essay was. I want you to work together."

I saw the anger in Rye's eyes and I was waiting for the smoke to come out of his ears as he stood up from his seat and walked over to my desk. Brook was sitting next to me and looking up at him with fear in his eyes.
"Move." Rye said firmly and Brook stumbled to his feet. He walked over to Harper who was sitting alone. Rye plopped down next to me with a groan and made himself comfortable without looking at me. I suddenly felt so small next to him. And not only physically, even though he was like a head taller than me.
"You can start working on it right now and I want the papers back by next Friday." the teacher said and everyone began working.

"We have 10 days to finish this so... You can start." Rye said, leaning back in his seat.
"Ryan." the teacher shot him a glare and Rye sighed, but leaned forward and grabbed a pen. My pen.
"Fine then, tell me what to write and I'll write it."

I took my book in my shaky hands and opened it on the page where we left off. I was unsure whether or not should I actually make him work because he was still my bully and I thought he'd only make my life even worse.

When the class ended, everyone stopped working. I put the papers in my backpack and was about to turn to Rye, when I saw he already left. I ran after him and I caught the arm of his leather jacket just in time.
"Rye, look, I know you don't really like History and all so if you want me, I could finish the essay alone and say you helped. I wouldn't snitch, I'm not like that." I said, smiling up at the scary guy in front of me. I thought I'd get a nonchalant answer, like a shrug or something, but Rye actually laughed.

"I know you only want me to get another F because you don't like me Fowler, I see right through you. Look I hate you too but if I get another F, I will fail. So there's no way in hell I'm letting you do that. I'll go over to yours after school and we can work on it." he said before turning on his heels and walking away.

"Wait! Don't you need the address?" I yelled after him.

"One step ahead of you nerd." he replied. I had no idea what that meant, but maybe I didn't even want to know.

This is so short I'm sorry...