Chapter 16 - Spending Two Hours Together

- Rye's POV -

I knocked on the wooden door again. I didn't have to wait for long until Andy opened the door for me and invited me in.
"To be honest, I didn't think you'd show up." he chuckled awkwardly as we walked inside.
"I said I needed a tutor, didn't I?"
"Yes but... I mean... you know, the last two times you came over wasn't exactly the best. I mean you ran away so I don't think you enjoyed it too much."

I remembered why I ran away for the first time. He was surprised I said "something smart" which really affected me because I wanted him to not see me as a stupid idiot who is so much dumber than him... I really hoped he wouldn't do something like that again because I didn't want to be shamed even here. I got enough of it at home.

"Wanna come up to my room or would you rather study here?" he asked as we got to the kitchen. The thought of going up to Andy's room crossed my mind. But it was a dangerous thought. Because there was a bed in his room. And we would be alone in his room. And I had a beer when I got home fron school.

"Here's fine." I said and sat down at the dining table and put my backpack down on the floor. Andy sat down next to me on a chair and looked at me expectantly. "What?" I asked.
"We need your books or otherwise we won't be able to study." he said with a smile. Oh right.
I took my books out of my backpack and he took them and looked through the last things that we learned.

"Are you good at math?"
"I'm around C. But that's because I cheat on the tests."
"Oh... alright then, let's get started."

We studied for like two hours straight. The way he explained things was better than how the teacher explained, so I understood things more. He gave me a few problems and I solved them with a little bit of his help. He praised me when I said something good, which made me feel pretty confident. At least someone didn't think I was an idiot.

"What?" he asked. I looked at him questioningly. "You're smiling."
"Yeah because... this isn't what I'm used to. My teachers usually tell me I suck at everything and I'm stupid so... this feels kinda good. Having someone say otherwise." I shrugged.
"You're in no way stupid, Rye. You just don't focus on your grades that much, which causes them to drop. But having bad grades doesn't mean that you're stupid."
I looked at him with a frown. "Why are you so nice to me? I've been bullying you for years."
"Because I don't want to be mean to anyone. No one deserves to be put down like that, not even a bully. After all, we don't know what goes on behind closed doors."

I saw the hurt in his eyes as he said that last sentence. I knew something was off, but I didn't dare to ask yet. We weren't that good friends, hell, we weren't even friends. So I just let it slide.
"Can I ask you something personal as well?" he asked.
"I don't think I'll answer but shoot."
"What's going on between you and Honor now? I saw that yesterday you argued. And this morning you weren't really... as close as you were before."
"Yeah well... she needs to understand that I can't always give her all of my attention."

I checked the time on my phone and sighed when I saw how late it was. "I should go."
"Wanna eat something though? Or, like, have a drink? I bought you energy drink yesterday."
I smiled, but turned around to put my books away so he wouldn't see it. I stood up with my backpack over my shoulder and looked at him.
"I'll drink it next time. Bye Andy."

I walked out of the house and as soon as the big yellow front door closed behind me, I let out a sigh. God, what the hell was happening to me?

I barely even made it to the gate when my phone started ringing. I looked at the caller. Honor.
I picked it up.

"Hey babe." I said and I heard sobs on the other side of the line. I frowned. "Are you okay?"
"Please come over. I just... I miss you, you've been so distant lately, I need some time with you. Please." she cried and I immediately felt bad.
"I'm coming." I said and hung up.

- Andy's POV -

Rye left the house calmly this time. I even made him smile, which was probably the biggest achievement of my life. He was actually cute when he smiled so I really wanted to make him smile more. Maybe I could buy him more energy drinks and maybe we could do something else together besides studying, just to make him smile more. Watch a movie together, for example. He'd like that more than just the boring studying for two hours.

The sound of my phone buzzing snapped me out of my thoughts.

Babe💕: Can I come over?
Me: now? my mum will be back soon
Babe💕: Wanna see you
Me: me too
Babe💕: So?
Me: ok, come over
Babe💕: I'll be there in a min😘

I always seemed to completely forget about Harvey when I was with Rye and I knew it was bad but I just couldn't help it. It was like Rye had this effect on me. And I had no idea why when we were both supposed to hate each other.

This was short, I know. But hey, they seem to start liking each other!

Vote and comment please, it means a lot!💕