Chapter 8 - The Secret Between Me and Me

-Rye's POV -

I ran home as quickly as I possibly could. I heard yelling from far away, suddenly very glad we didn't have neighbours.
I ran inside and saw Kate, sitting in the corner of the kitchen, crying with her hands on front of her face. I got on my knees in front of her and peeled her hands away. Her cheek was red and a bruise seemed to form under her eye as well.
"Did he punch you? Or slap you?"
"Both." she sobbed. I wanted to hit my dad so badly.

I stood up and walked into the living room where I found my brother and father arguing loudly. I stepped between the two just when my dad was about to hit Robbie.
"What the fuck is going on here?!" I asked.
"That little bitch!" my dad slurred. "She tried to take my money!"
"She tried to help you up from the damn sofa you idiot!" Robbie yelled.
"Robbie stop, go take care of her. She might need some ice on her eye." Robbie looked at my dad one last time, the anger burning in his eyes, then walked back to the kitchen. I, then, turned to my father, who was now sitting on the sofa on his usual place, lighting a cigarette with my lighter.

"Dad what the fuck did you do?!"
"She tried to steal my money! Stupid fucking cunt, she deserved it."
"No she didn't! She just wanted to help-"
"How do you know, you weren't even home!" he scoffed.
"Because you do this all the time! You hit everyone in this damn house for no reason! You hit the twins, you hit Kate and Robbie, you hit mum, you hit me! You should be fucking thankful we're still here and didn't leave like mum!"

He stood up again so we were eye level. "How dare you speak like this to your father?" he hissed between his teeth. We were so close, I could smell the alcohol and cigarette smoke on his breath.
"You are not my father." I growled back. The next thing I knew was that I was shoved by a strong hand. I lost my balance and fell backwards on the coffee table behind me. But not just the table, there were empty beer bottles laying on it and the glass broke easily under my weight. I felt the bottles shatter into little pieces, cut through my shirt and pierce into my back. I cried out in pain, trying to sit up and get away from it as soon as I could, but a hand on my shoulder pushed me back down strongly. I couldn't keep in my tears as I felt the glass pieces go deeper and deeper.
"Disrespectful son of a bitch." my dad said, then spit on my face. I felt the disgusting saliva cover my face and all I wanted in that damn moment is to go back to the Fowler house. Where everything seemed to be so perfect. Where I didn't have to deal with an abusive alcoholic father. Or a father at all.

My dad let go of my shoulder and I sat up immediately. I shot him a glare as he sat back down on the sofa like nothing happened. I stood up and walked out to the kitchen, where I saw Kate with a pack of ice on her eye, Robbie standing in front of her, trying to calm her.
"Are you okay bro? I heard glass breaking." my brother asked. First I washed my face with sink water, then took off my shirt to show him my back instead of an answer. I heard both Robbie and Kate hiss behind me.
"Rye we should take you to the hospital-"
"No. I'm staying. I'm the only one who's strong enough to restrain him from doing anything to you guys." I said coldly. "You go upstairs, I'll stay. So I can make sure he doesn't go anywhere near you."
"Rye-"
"Fucking go."

I didn't hear any other protests, just the light sounds of feet tapping on stairs as they walked up. I was left alone in the kitchen. At least that's what I thought.
"I'm not leaving before cleaning your wounds." Robbie said, touching my shoulder softly. I nodded mutely, because I was sure if I opened my mouth, nothing else but sobs would come out of it.

The next day I went to school like that. My back scratched up from the bottles, sleep deprived because last night I refused to go to sleep. I stayed in the kitchen instead and listened to dad snoring in the living room to make sure he doesn't wake up and go upstairs.
I didn't bring a backpack either, I thought I'd just use what I had in my locker because my back couldn't handle me carrying anything on it.
My first class was PE, the only subject which I was actually good at. It didn't stop me from arriving a little late, though I didn't go in as late as I would to a normal class. I usually started changing when everyone else was ready and had left the locker room. That's what I did now too, especially with how my back looked like.
I looked around the room and found no one around, so I started undressing. I first took off my shirt, hissing as the cool air hit my wounds.

"What happened to you?" I heard a voice behind me and it scared me so much, I jumped at yelled.
"What the fuck!" I turned around and saw none other than Fowler standing there, in his ridiculously girly outfit and ridiculously nerdy glass. "What are you doing here?!"
"I came to school with my mum's car and it took forever for her to get ready so I arrived a little late." he explained. "But what about your back?"
"None of your fucking buisness, fag." I said, then turned back around to continue undressing. As I toed off my shoes, I felt tiny fingertips touch my back and I hissed. "Take your dirty hands off me before I catch the gay." I growled.

"Have you been seen by a doctor? This looks bad." Andy said, completely ignoring my threat.
"It's none of your fucking buisness!" I yelled this time and Andy stepped away from me like he's been burned.
"Rye..." he breathed. I turned around and shoved him against a locker.
"Listen here, fucker. This is none of your buisness. What happened to me is a secret between me and fucking me. Don't you dare think that only because you're so damn good at everything you suddenly become the smartest person in the fucking school. You're nobody." I hissed before letting go of him. "I don't owe you a fucking explanation."

Andy stayed quiet, only nodding a little with his head hanging low. I went back to undressing and so did he, a few feet apart. I tried my best, I really did, but I just couldn't take my eyee off him as he slowly slipped off his t-shirt. I was snapped back to reality soon enough, though, so I turned away and put on my shorts and t-shirt.

"I finished the essay." he mumbled quietly.
"Great. That means we don't have to spend any more time together." I answered. My eyes went back to him and this time, I couldn't tear them away no matter how much I wanted to. He was taking off his jeans and revealed his panty-clad ass. Fuck, he must be tight. I licked my lips as I watched him bend over the bench to get his shorts from his bag. I wanted to use that opportunity, but I decided not to instead. It would've been a bad idea.
When I finally managed to look away again, I pulled on my trainers and I was finally ready to go. I crossed the room to go to the door and as I passed Andy, I smacked his ass. He gasped at the impact and I watched the flesh jiggle with a grin.
"Nice panties, fag." I mocked him and walked away laughing.

- Andy's POV -

In between classes, I caught the History teacher and gave her the essay. She just read the first two lines and looked at me with a smile, saying she was glad Rye actually helped me writing that. I guess she recognized his handwriting. I smiled awkwardly as I thought back to a what happened in the locker room before my first class. Yeah, I wasn't so glad about that. I could've done this shit all alone and now I wouldn't have to deal with Rye's sudden anger. Like, I just wanted to help him. I may not be a doctor but his back looked awful and he really needed a specialist.

During every break, I caught Rye and Honor making out in the hallway, Honor gripping onto the shirt on Rye's back like nothing even happened with it. It made me wonder if Honor even knew about the wounds.

"What's up And?" Harper's voice pulled me out of my thoughts. I looked at him with wide eyes. "You were staring at the lovebirds." he said, nodding towards Rye and Honor.
"Oh um... it's nothing. I was just thinking... don't you think Rye might be bisexual?" I asked and Harper groaned next to me.
"Andy, you too? Don't be Brook!" he said and I immediately knew what he meant. Brook was always so in love with Jack, even though he was his biggest bully.

I never thought about Rye in that way. I honestly never liked Rye for more than his looks that were, let's be honest, quite pleasing. But to actually fall in love with him like Brook? Never.
"I didn't mean it like that, but today... he slapped my ass. Like... that's not a very straight thing to do. So I just asked if you've ever had that idea as well."
"Well no, I don't really think about people around me being gay." Harper shrugged. "I mean, I don't get to decide about anyone's sexual orientation."
"I'm not saying he is bi, I was just thinking."
"I know Fovvs. Hey, how about we head to class now so you can forget about this boy?" my friend grabbed me by my arm and pulled me to a classroom.

I really hope y'all don't hate Rye that much😂
There's actually a little mistake in this chapter, since I couldn't really keep up with what day it was and what classes thwy have on each day so let's see if you notice what I fucked up?😂

Don't forget to vote and comment!💕