Chapter 28 - Tell Me About Him

- Rye's POV -

On Wednessday, Andy came to our house and walked with us to the cemetery. The whole thing was... pretty small. Dad didn't have a lot of friends or anything, but some of his co-workers came to the funeral. It was good to have Andy there, when everything else just didn't seem to work for me, at least we finally worked.

We were standing around the coffin, my family on my right and Andy on my left. I didn't dare to look at him or touch him or anything, so I just dug my hands in my trousers' pocket. Andy slowly moved a little closer to me and stole a glance that he thought I wouldn't see. Then a little hand wrapped around my forearm, making me let out a relieved sigh.

He stepped even closer and his hand slipped down to my trousers' pockets, his fingers touching my wrist. I turned my head a little to give him a little smile before I took my hand out and intertwined our fingers. Just because I needed his closeness.
...But honestly I was still hoping people wouldn't think anything more of it.

After the funeral was over, dad's co-workers went to a bar to drink to him. Robbie took Kate and the twins back to our house and left me alone with Andy. He said he knew I needed Andy more than anything else, which I appreciated a lot.
So we just sat down on the ground next to the grave, him between my legs as he played with my fingers in his lap.

"Tell me stories about him." he asked.
"What kind of stories?"
"Anything you wanna share."
I took a deep breath and started thinking about the stories I had about my dad. There weren't many positive ones, but I tried to focus on those first.
"When the twins were born, the doctors let us in the room as well. We saw as the nurses hand both of the boys to my dad, who struggled to hold them. And I just watched as he smiled widely before starting to cry. He was so happy he cried."
"You think he cried when you and Robbie were born as well?"
"I like to think so, yeah. I mean, everyone cries if someone just hands them their son. Or daughter." I shrugged. "I would cry too."

"You think about that? About having a family?"
I leaned my head against Andy's shoulder and sighed. "Before you, I did. But now... I don't know. You know, before you walked into my life I had dreams. I dreamed about marrying a girl, someone who would put up with my shit like Kate can put up with Robbie's. I wanted to have three or four kids and I wanted to be a good father for them. But now... I'm just confused."
"So... now you don't have dreams... because of me?" he asked weakly.
"No, I do have dreams. But they're very different from the ones I had before you."
"Tell me about them."
"I wanna start studying more, like you said. I wanna get a scholarship and get into an okay college. I wanna keep playing football because I like it." I tightened my grip around him. "And I wanna figure out this messed up relationship between us."

He chucked and leaned back against my shoulder. "We have a relationship?"
"Shut up fag." I joked and Andy started laughing. "You know I'm sorry for everything you have to go through because of me, right?"
"What are you talking about?"
"Well you broke up with your boyfriend. And your mum wasn't exactly a fan of me, or maybe she still isn't. And now you have this mess of a guy with you, who's super annoying and wants to spend an unhealthy amount of time with you. But he's also scared of coming out because he's been bullying people for years for being like him and he's scared his family wouldn't approve either."

Andy turned around in my hold and took my face between his tiny hands, making me look at him.
"You might be a mess, but you know I like cleaning up. Plus you're my mess and I always clean up my mess." he smirked before pressing his lips to mine.

"This is a christian place, get out of here if you want to do that." a snarky old lady commented and I pulled away from Andy to give her the finger.
"Maybe we should fuck here once." I suggested, loud enough for the lady to hear and gasp.
"Definitely." Andy agreed with a laugh, before standing up and pulling me to my feet as well. "But for now, how about we just take you home?"
"No, I don't wanna go home, you're not there." I whined.
"I could be..."
"Except you can't. Andy you know I can't explain this to my family yet if I don't even know what's going on."

He shrugged. "What's there to explain? You're bisexual and you like me."
"Yes but... fuck... actually if you put it like that, it doesn't seem that confusing." I admitted.
"See, I already started cleaning up your mess."

We walked home, not holding hands, just touching as we walked next to each other. When we arrived to my house, I tugged him along with me up to the porch. I didn't want to let go of him at all, but I knew I couldn't get him involved with my family too much yet.
"Okay then um... I'll go home." he said, but as he was about to turn around, I caught his wrist and pulled him back to me roughly. I heard a little sound of surprise escape his lips.
I smirked. "Like to be manhandled baby?" I asked cockily and Andy just blushed, looking away from my eyes. "Come on, give me a kiss." I asked and he turned his head back to me so I could press a kiss to his luscious red lips. "I like this lipstick on you. You look sexy." I mumbled against his lips before kissing him once more.

Andy chuckled as we pulled away from the kiss. "Now you have some on you as well." he took a tissue from his pocket and wiped my mouth with it, giving it to me after to let me see the red lipstick on it, the only evidence of our kiss showing on it. "I'll have to go now Rye." he said and I let go of him. I watched as he walked down the stairs and out the gate of the fence, turning around to wave at me one last time. I finally opened the door and went inside, the warmth hitting me immediately.

"God it's so cold outside." I said as I took off my coat. I looked at my little brothers as they sat on the kitchen counter, drinking their sodas with huge grins on their faces. "What are you two little rascals doing?"
"Nothing." they shrugged. I rolled my eyes and walked past them, into the living room, and laid down on the sofa. It smelled like cigarette smoke and alcohol and I knew dad was the reason why.

"Rye we have questions." Shaun started as him and Sammie walked into the living room as well, sitting down next to me.
"Ask Robbie." I replied, but they just punched my arm.
"It's about Andy."
My heart started beating faster. No, there was no was they got it first out of all people! "What about Andy?"
"When did you become friends?"
God, that was a good question. I didn't even know when it happened, just... one minute, I didn't hate him as much as I did before that. Andy was a magician, I had no idea how he did what he did, but I didn't complain.

"I don't remember. Why do you ask?"
"You two seem close now."
"Yeah, we are. But you usually don't care about any of my friends."
"He's special. He's not like your other friends, he's nicer. And you seem to like him a lot. You usually don't hold your other friends' hands."
My eyes went wide. "Guys, don't tell about that to anyone, okay?"
"Why? Do you like him?" Sammie wiggled his eyebrows.
"This isn't something we talk about, okay?"
"Why not?"
"Because Andy and I are good friends, now get off me before I bite you." I grabbed a cigarette from the coffee table and pulled my favourite lighter out of my pocket, lighting it. The twins laughed and got off the sofa, walking back into the kitchen. I sighed.

God, being a secret was hard.