Chapter 32 - We Love You

- Rye's POV -

At school we still tried to keep a distance so our relationship wasn't obvious to the others. It was a very hard thing to do when all I wanted was to show the whole school, hell the whole world that he was mine and mine only. I wanted to show him off because honestly, not a lot of people get guys like Andy Fowler.
But the difficulties were still there. His ex. His friends. The people I bullied. My family. Everything just seemed so difficult and all I wanted was to kiss Andy. That one simple thing that always managed to take my mind off everything and make things look so much easier.

I thought about walking him home after my football practice, so I invited him to watch. He sat on the bleacher and watched me play for an hour, while I tried to play as best as I could to impress him. When practice was over, all the other boys on the team headed to the locker room, along with the coach. I just jogged over to Andy when we were alone.

"Hey baby." I greeted.
"You were so amazing!" he said enthusiastically with sparkling eyes and a huge smile. I couldn't help but chuckle. He really watched me. Honor has never done that before, she always got distracted by her phone and then just said I was good when actually she didn't even know. But Andy seemed like he watched the whole practice with wide open eyes.

"Thank you darling." I said and leaned down to kiss the smaller boy. He quickly pulled away and looked around. "No one's here, it's okay."
"Just making sure." he mumbled.
"Okay, wait here bub, I'll just change quickly and we can go." I pressed another kiss to his forehead before turning around and heading to the locker room as well.

I changed quickly and when I finished, Andy was already standing at the door, waiting for me. We walked out of the school together, just casually chatting on our way home. I told him about the B- I got on a Maths test and Andy was very proud of me.
Ever since my dad died, I decided I'd spend more time on studying. I started getting better grades. Well, not drastically, but now there were more D's than F's and I often got a C too. This was my first B for a very long time now and that was only because of Andy.

As we talked, I didn't even realize we've passed Andy's house and were now standing in front of mine.
"Oh god I'm so dumb. Sorry, I- I'll walk you back!"
"No, Rye it's fine, really. I'm glad I could walk with you here too, you don't have to come back with me." he said before pulling me down by my shirt and kissing me.
"I'll see you tomorrow." I said with a smile when we pulled away.
I watched as Andy turned around and skipped away. I waited until he was far away before I walked inside my house. It seemed completely empty.

"Hello?" I called loudly.
"Living room!" I heard Kate's voice. I got undressed and walked into the living room where Kate was sitting on the sofa, smoking a cigarette. I took one out of the box that was on the coffee table as well and lit it with my lighter.
"What's got you all gloomy?" I asked.
"I'm not gloomy. I'm just thinking about Hugh."
"So you are gloomy. Why are you thinking about that prick?"

Kate sighed and leaned her head on my shoulder. "The house seems empty without him. I don't miss him, just... hard to get used to it. I'm still scared he'll show up at our bed one day and... do what he always did."
I wrapped my arms around her shoulder and kissed the top of her head. Kate often got sexually assaulted by my dad, once he even raped her and there were many times when he tried to do so. I was surprised Kate didn't leave us, we weren't her family after all, she just chose to be with my brother. But she refused to leave. Every damn time when he got her down, she stood back up, but never ran away. She wasn't like mum, she was stronger. And she loved us more.

"He's dead Kate. She will never do anything to you ever again. I promise you."
She snuggled closer to me and took another drag of her cigarette.
"You're a great guy, Ryan. Andy's lucky."
I frowned. "What do you mean?"
"You love him, don't you?"

My breath hitched. How? How did she figure it out?
"H-how do you-"
"How do I know? Well, it's easier to tell than you think so. The way you two look at each other... Robbie always looks at me like that. And it doesn't really help that sometimes you just disappear for a whole night, I assume to be with him. Right?" I nodded. "And oh-" she pulled away from me and turned my head to face her. "-his lip gloss is on your mouth."

I chuckled as I wiped my mouth with the sleeve of my t-shirt.
"Don't be scared, I won't tell anyone, I promsie. Not like anyone in this house would do anything about it. Your dad was the only homophobe in this household, we would never hurt you. Okay?"
I nodded. "I just... I'm scared Kate. I've never felt this way before with anyone. And I have to feel like this with a guy all of a sudden... it's terrifying."
"I know it is. But... don't forget that we love you, Rye. And Andy probably loves you too."
"We've never really... told that to each other. I mean we say we like each other but... that just seems so quick."
"It's okay." she said as she leaned her head on my shoulder again. "You'll get there once you're ready."