Chapter 34 - Outed

- Andy's POV -

Being at school started to suck more and more. Not being able to touch Rye or even be close to him killed me sometimes and not even studying, my usual escape of everything, could help taking my mind off him. I was restless during every class, which my friends noticed as well.

"You can tell us anything Andy, what's going on?" Harper asked, leaning against the door of a bathroom stall as I applied some more lip gloss on my lips.
"It's nothing boys, really." I lied, looking at Brook at the reflection of the mirror in front of me to see he had his head turned away so he didn't even have to look at me.
"Bullshit, you don't act like this at school." Alex protested.
"I just slept wrong, that's all."
"You don't even get sleep at all, but I haven't seen you as stressed as you have been this month." Connor said, rolling his eyes.

"What are you, guys, the FBI?" I chuckled."
"Brook, say something. You agree with us, right?" Harper said, turning to Brook.
"Um... I don't know. If... if Andy says there's nothing wrong then I believe him. I don't think he's been doing anything and definitely not with someone else."
Brook slapped a hand in front of his mouth as soon as he let those words slip.

"Way to go, Brooklyn." I sighed.
"You've been screwing someone behind our back?" Alex turned to me with wide eyes.
"No! There was no screwing or anything, just... we're together. But not publicly, that's why I haven't told you guys about it. Brook wouldn't let me get away with anything so I told him something about him but he doesn't know too much either." I explained.
"You have to tell us about him." Harper said.
"Not here though." I said and put my makeup away in my backpack before throwing it over my back. "Can we go to class now?"
"Yeah. But this conversation isn't over yet."

Rye: I forgot to mention Kate figured out as well
Me: wut?
Rye: Us. She knows
Me: that's just gr8... brook told about it to the boys as well. they don't know it's you yet, they just know i have a bf
Rye: Type it out, wanna see it
Me: boyfriend❤
Rye: U better change my contact name to that
Me: sir yes sir lol

"Are you texting him now too?" Harper asked me. I looked up to see we were still in the middle of Biology class, the teacher talking about something boring that couldn't bother me.
"Noooo." I lied and slid my phone back in my pocket, grabbing my pen again to begin taking notes of the board again.
"At least tell me the name!" he whisper-shouted.
"I'll tell you all, later."

Me: hey i have a good idea. let's put our teams together. we go to a diner or sth and you bring the boys, i bring the boys and they can finally get to know each other
Rye: Bby I dont think this is the best idea rn...
Me: it'll be fine i promise
Rye: Fine, if u say so...

We agreed on going to a diner after school and called the boys and Kirsty there as well. Me and the boys were the first to arrive, so we sat around a big table and waited for Rye and the other three.

"Are you at least gonna tell us who we're waiting for?" Connor asked.
"Nope." I smirked.
"Brook?" Harper turned to his best friend who just shook his head. He was so afraid of telling them something he hadn't even said a word since that incident in the bathroom.

Then they walked inside, Jack coming in first with his hand in Kirsty's, right behind them Sonny, seemingly occupied by his phone, and then Rye. He smiled at me as soon as he saw me.
"Why are they here?" Alex whispered.
"Because I called them to come." I answered before standing up so they'd notice me. Kirsty waved and came over to me to hug me, then sat down around the table as well, Jack right after him, sitting next to Brook. I didn't even have to be close to him to know his heartbeat increased just from that simple thing.
Then Sonny sat down next to Kirsty and only Rye and I remained standing. We took a quick look around the diner and we saw there wasn't anyone who could know us, he leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to my lips.
"Hi baby." he whispered.
"Hey."

"Wait, what the hell is going on?" Connor asked.
"Um these are Rye's friends, as you all know, Jack, Kirsty and Sonny, and um... Rye and I are dating."
"Wait, you're dating now?" Sonny asked. "Since when?"
"Well technically, have been for a while. Officially, since yesterday." Rye answered for the both of us as he sat down and pulled me down next to himself as well. "Are we gonna order or just chat? I'm kinda hungry."

As we ate, our friends started talking. I knew Jack and Sonny were nice but seeing them act so sweetly with my friends made me so happy, especially when Jack and Brook talked like they knew each other for ages. Which they did, they just weren't always friends. Kirsty even offered Alex and Connor to set them up with two of her friends and the boys were left completely speechless.
It was the best thing ever, seeing them get along.

"God, why did we even bully you guys, y'all are so cool." Sonny said, laughing at his own words.
"I really hope we'll get along after this, you guys seem very nice." Harper said as well.
"Speaking of very nice, there will be a party this Friday at my house. Would you all like to come?" Kirsty asked. My friends, of course, said yes. "Rye, Andy? Are you coming?" she turned to us.

I looked at Rye who was eyeing me with... something in his eyes I couldn't recognize.
"Nah, thanks, we have plans."
"We do?" I asked. Rye leaned over to whisper in my ear.
"Yeah, I'm gonna take you to a motel where no one can disturb us and finisg what we couldn't in your room."
"O-oh." I said, my face for sure completely red.
"How much will you give me if I guess what they're gonna do?" Sonny asked.
"A nice slap." Rye answered.
"How generous." he mocked, rolling his eyes.

After we ate up, we paid for everything and left, our friends surrounding us as I had my hand in Rye's, our fingers interlaced.
That was the first time we did it in public and it felt so incredibly good.