Chapter 31 - He's the Best

This chapter contains something which I hope won't offend anyone, you'll probably guess what it is, I'll explain at the end.
~~

- Andy's POV -

Me and Rye went to the party together (after Rye begged to my mum for an hour straight to let me go) and no one really seemed to notice we were there together. We weren't holding hands or glued together at the hip ot anything, I just walked behind Rye and hung out with his friends.

Sonny and Jack were surprisingly funny and Kirsty was a very nice girl. They all seemed to like me, or at least pretended to do so. Whichever it was, I liked it a lot.

Rye didn't drink at all. My mum told him we couldn't and he declined each time someone offered him a drink. He didn't give me any either because he knew my mum wouldn't approve of that. Sonething Harvey always seemed to ignore.

He kept an eye on me all the time, even though he wasn't constantly touching me or talking to me. I felt safe next to him and I liked that a lot. Next to Harvey, I felt weird even when I was sitting in his lap. It might have been because Harvey was a lot smaller than Rye and I didn't think he could protect me that well...

We were like one and a half hour into the party when someone came over to us, probably one of Rye's friends from the football team because he was a huge jock and he completely ignored me.
"Hey guys, want some weed?" he asked.
The others cheered and circled around the guy, who offered them a joint.

I panicked. My legs started to shake and I felt nauseous. I wanted to run away so badly but I seemed to be frozen in place as I watched them. It all seemed so scary.
"Andy? Are you okay?" Rye asked. I couldn't reply him, I was unable to say anything. I stood there, mouthing like a fish. "Babe..." Rye shook a hand in front of me so I focused on him. "Can I touch you?" he asked and I nodded, finding comfort as he pulled me into his arms.

"Let's get you out of here." he said before picking me up bridal style and carrying me out of the house. He put me down once we were outside and I took a deep breath, finally feeling the air fill my lungs.
"What happened baby?" he asked.
"I... I can't stand it. Even just the thought of drugs I..." I couldn't say more, I felt a lump in my throat keeping me from speaking.
"Andy it's just marijuana." Rye laughed. When I tried to open my mouth again, I hiccupped before starting to cry. "Oh baby, it's alright. You don't have to try it, alright?"
"Just... the thought..."
"It's okay, we can go home now. Is that alright?" I nodded. "Good. Come with me baby."

We walked with our pinkies entwined. Rye's closeness and the cool winter air seemed to calm me down a little. I stopped crying as we got further and further away from that house.
"Hey, fancy some ice cream?" Rye asked, nodding towards a nearby McDonalds. I smiled.
"Yes, that would be great."

We walked into the McDonalds and ordered two ice creams. When we got them, we sat down and started eating, the sweetness already seeming to have an effect on me because I was just smiling all over again.

"You eat so messily!" Rye exclaimed when he wiped some ice cream from the corner of my mouth for the fifth time.
"I'm sorry." I laughed.
Rye didn't pull his hand away from my chin after wiping the ice cream away. He kept it there, making me look deeply into his eyes. He looked so beautiful, his facial features entrancing me everytime I looked at him.

"Can you see anyone who you know?" he whispered. I forced my eyes away from his chocolate browns and looked around us as much as I could with my chin still held between his fingers.
"Not really." I whispered back.
"Good, me neither." he said before leaning forward and kissing me. Right there, in the middle of McDonalds, in front of everyone.
Our lips moved together in sync, our tongues just barely even grazing each other before he was pulling away. He looked in my eyes again, this time his smile was bigger.
"You're beautiful." he said as he brused his nose against mine.
"So are you." I giggled.

When we pulled away, I looked around to see no one was really paying attention to us, besides one little boy who was tugging at his father's trousers while pointing at us.
"Dad! Dad no one told me boys can kiss boys! That's so cool!" he said rather loudly and the lady next to him, probably her mother, started laughing. And so did I and Rye.

"I want a boy." I said.
"You mean like as your own?"
"Yes. It would be so good. I want a boy and a girl."
"Just two?"
"Yeah. An older boy and a younger girl with like an age gap of a year or two between them. That would be good, wouldn't it?"
I looked up from my ice cream to see Rye looking me with, if I didn't know him I would say heart eyes, with a slight smile playing on his lips.
"Yeah, it sounds like a good idea." he agreed. I blushed and went back to my ice cream.

After we finished, we threw the plastic cups out and walked out of the place. We walked next to each other with our shoulder touching but still not holding hands just yet. We chatted along the way and I had completely calmed down after that weed incident. But I found myself wanting to ask a question...
"Rye?"
"Yes baby?"
"Have you... done drugs before?"
"Why are you asking?"
"Just wanna know what to get ready for..."
"Babe I'm not an addict. I have done drugs, multiple times, yes, but I- I don't need them. If you're scared of them then I won't do any. Ever again."
I leaned against his shoulder and wrapped my arms around his so we stayed like that as we walked.
"Do you want me to tell you what kind of drugs-"
"Please never ever, if that's okay."
"Okay." he chuckled and kissed my forehead.

We got to my house after a little more walking and Rye came with me inside. My mum was still awake and in the kitchen when we arrived.
"Hey boys! You're home early, did something happen?"
"Yes. Um..." Rye started. "Someone started smoking weed and Andy kind of freaked out. So I brought him out, took him to McDonalds and walked him home."
My mum hummed. "Did you smoke?"
"No ma'am."
"Drink?"
"No ma'am."
"Have sex?"
"MUM!"
"No ma'am."

She hummed again. "Good. Are you gonna spend the night here again?"
"No, I think it's time for me to go home." he turned to me and hugged me tight. "Bye Andy. Bye Ms. Fowler." he said before walking out.
"Bye!" I yelled after him.

"He seems like a good guy." my mum said.
"Yeah mum... he's the best."

Why did Andy freak out? Well I thought this kinda fit his character. I, myself, hate drugs as well and have the exact same reaction to them as Andy did, so this was inspired by that.

But I didn't mean to offend anyone who likes drugs, if you like it then you go, my friend. Don't come near me but do whatever your heart desires😂

I'm sorry if I offended anyone with this chapter, that really wasn't my goal, I just thought since Andy was a very good guy who's barely been exposed to drugs in his entire life, so I thought it's kinda logical.

Ok, rant over.