Moving Again

Elita had only been at her last school two weeks and she already got expelled. She really did try to listen and behave but with ADHD and being dyslexic it was hard. Elita lived with her mom in a 5 room apartment but they were moving again. This time they were moving to Manhattan. It was only three hours away and there was a school there willing to accept her there. Mainly because some teacher begged to give her a chance there even though her school record was pretty bad and because of the cost of this school she was going to really try to not get expelled.

The trip up was pretty quiet. Elita was listening to music on her iPod because her mom wouldn't let her have a phone for who knows what reason. Elita's mom and she didn't really talk much. She didn't want her asking about why dad left and Elita didn't want her mom asking about school so there wasn't much to talk about.

"Are you hungry?" Elita's mom asked since it was getting close to lunch.

"Sure, is there any McDonald's around?" Elita asked.

Elita's mom just smiled and shook her head. They pulled up through the drive through.

"The usual?" her mom asked.

"Yeah, except instead of a chocolate milkshake can it be a strawberry milkshake?" Elita questioned. Her mom nodded her head as the speaker came on.

"Hello welcome to McDonald's. How may I help you?" the voice asked.

"I would like a six piece chicken McNugget meal with a strawberry milkshake to drink and a big mack with a medium coke." Elita's mom answered.

"That will be $10.23 please pull up to the window to pay and recieve your food." Her mom drove up to the window and pulled out het credit card. She paid and handed the food to Elita. Her mom pulled over into a parking lot so they could eat.

When they were finished they set off again to Manhattan. After another two hour silent ride they arrived at their new apartment. It was like their old one, it still had 5 rooms. Elita took her one suitcase and started putting away all of her stuff in the small bedroom. She hung up her clothes in the closet, put her alarm clock on the small table beside her bed, put her blankets and pillows on the bed, and plugged her iPod in.

After the long drive Elita was tired and went to bed early. She had her first day at school tomorrow and decided she didn't want to look like a zombie.