Payback

31

I look at him carefully, thinking if he was lying or telling the truth. I have heard a lot of crazy shit in my life, but wanting to team up with the people that killed you brother?

"You want to team up?" I ask him. He nods but then looks at Jason.

"Yes I want to team up, truth be told we need help. And your loan can be paid off of you help us" The man with the scar says. I look at Jason, but he just looks deep into the mans eyes, shaking his head no.

"What loan?" I ask. All the sound in the room disappears, only the buzzing of the lights are the only thing making noise.

"Jason, what loan?" I ask turn long so I'm fully facing Jason. He looks down but doesn't say anything.

"Oh what? Hubby didn't tell you?" One of the goons asks. I look at him with a look that could kill, then back to Jason.

"Jason tell me now!" i yell. He runs his hand through his hair. He sighs and looks at me.

"Don't get mad just hear me out" he says in a calm voice. I roll my eyes and step closer to him.

"You tell me right now or I will bring you do and make you cry in front of these guys" I whisper to him. Im not laying either, I will take him down in front of these guys because I am so pissed.

"Ok, right before we moved I went to his brother and asked for money a-" I cut him off.

"Why would you ask for money, we had enough of it" I say.

"Well you see that pretty little ring right there on your finger? Thats what I needed the the extra money" he says pointing to my left hand. I looked down at my wedding ring, this doesn't make sense. Why would he need more money for the ring, it doesn't cost that much!

"So he agreed to give me the money but I had to repay him by a job for him. But I found out what the job was and I backed out, but" Jason says but then stops. I look over to the man and his goons, then back to Jason.

"They told me if i didn't do the job then they would kill a lot of people, I didn't think anything of it. Then we came home and all the gang was dead. Its all my fault" He says whispering the last part.

I stand there looking at him, I don't know if I should believe it but the look in his eyes lets me know he's not lying. I step up to him and put my hand on his face.

"It's not your fault, you didn't know that they were going to kill the gang." I tell him. He just shakes his head no then turns away from me. I look back over at the man and his goons.

"Why? Why do you choose right now to come? You could have done this a year ago, but why now" I ask the man. He laughs and walks closer to me.

"Well you see there is a very bad man that I need Jason to take care of. I would do it myself but I don't want to." He says with a smirk at the end. At this point Jason is right behind me, listening to all the mans words.

"Who is it?" Jason speaks up. He gives us a weird look then looks down at me.

"You didn't tell him?" He asks me. I step back, not having a clue what he is talking about.

"Tell him what?" I say. The man steps closer and leans down to my ear and speaks.

"The envelope my dear" He then turns back and sits down next to the goons. Envelope? what enve- oh god, he means the one that man gave to me in McDonalds that day.

"Go on get it, Ill wait here" he says. Jason gives me a weird look but I just tell him to stay where he is. I walk out to the car and open the door, I grab my purse and then the envelope.