Dinner Talk

39

I lay two pizza boxes down on the table, alone with some plates and napkins. I look around and make sure everything is in place before I call the boys down for dinner, and by boys I mean Jason and Derek.

They have been playing Xbox all day while I talked with Pattie until she left an hour ago. Mel was playing in her room with her dress up clothes and I'm setting the table for dinner. Yes dinner is pizza and breadsticks but I'm not standing on my aching tried feet, over a hot oven. It's just not happening.

"Dinners ready!" I call up the stairs, I hear the sound of running footsteps so i hurry up and get out of the way, i definitely do not want to be in the way of two hungry 20 year old boys. I watch as Jason and Derek fly passed my, i notice that Mel is hanging onto Derek's back, laughing the whole way.

"Derek, don't drop my baby!" I yell while walking behind them. He laughs and slows down, putting Mel in her high chair then sitting in his seat.

"You made an amazing looking dinner babe" Jason says kissing my head before sitting down at the table.

"Oh shut up and eat" I say laughing. Jason and I take a seat and Jason opens up the pizza box, taking three pieces.

"Aye leave some for the babies" I say getting a couple pieces for me and one for Mel. I put it on the plate for her but she just shook head no.

"Why not baby you love pizza" I say brushing back her hair.

"Me want bed tick" she says pointing to the box of bread sticks, I laugh and put one on her plate, cutting it up into small pieces.

"There baby, and here is your milk" I say handing her a little cup with her milk in it She nods then picks up a piece of bread stick and eats it.

Jason and Derek are making small talk while I watch Mel drink from her cup all by herself, she is growing up so fast. I sigh and look over at Jason and Derek, I still can't get over the fact of how much they look like each other. It would be crazy to see them with Justin.

Justin. I haven't spoken to him since they day I was taken, lucky Alex said that he didn't find him so hopefully he is safe. I haven't told anyone about Justin and I'm not sure I want to. I mean yes he is Jason's brother, but he just found out about Alex and I don't want him to have to go through all that hurt again.

"So did you hear mom earlier when she said that she was moving back to Canada?" Derek asks Jason before shoving the crust of the pizza in his mouth. Jason just nods then sighs.

"I love and miss Canada so much, I would love to move back" he says before taking a drink of his beer.

"You know we also can move back if you want. i mean we would be closer to Pattie and even Tess and Ray." I say bringing up our old friends from Canada. Jason shakes his head and looks down at his empty plate.

"What about the gang here? We can just leave them, they are family now" he says looking out the window at the gang house across the street.

"Of course they are family but you know what I think about the gang life anyway" I say. I look over at Mel who is reaching for any other bread stick, so I help her so she doesn't hurt herself.

"Well it's to late to do anything about it" Jason says rubbing his hands over his face.

"Why did you guys leave Canada anyway?" Derek asks taking another piece of pizza from the box. I sigh and look down at my plate that still had a few bits left on it.

"My parents needed help running a gang down here, so we moved to help them but they all turned on us expect the few we have now" I tell him, he nods and goes back to his food.