Fight: Part 1

42
Jason's POV

I pulled out the dinner chair for Kelli so she could sit down. Once I push her chair closer to the table I do the same for Mel's. She gives me a small thank you before taking a sip of her drink. I finally make my way over to my seat which is right next to Kelli to my right and dad to my left.

"So Jason, how did you get down to Texas?" Melissa asks Jason before taking a bite for her pasta.

"Well we met in California, then after some rather bad events we moved up here to Canada to try get away from everything" I say before taking a drink of my water. I look over at Kelli to see her twisting her pasta around her fork.

"So after a while up here we got a call from Kelli's parents saying that they needed help running their business" I say not wanting to bring up the gang life in front of Jaz and Jax.

"So we went down there have been there since then" i finish my short story. I watch as Jeremy and Melissa nod, I take a bite of my pasta and watch Mel use both hands to eat hers.

"Have you ever thought about moving back up here?" Jeremy asks. I look over at Kelli and she nods.

"We have been talking about it. Most of our family lives up here. And maybe it would be a chance to get away from the business" Kelli says looking down at Melanie. I know how much she wants to get away from this life but it's impossible.

"Well wasn't that the reason that you moved up here in the first place, was to get away from that life. Now look at you guys" Dad says. I look over at Kelli to see her slowly put down her fork and look over at dad. She was about to say something but I just shake my head no, telling her not to say anything she might regret.

"Im just saying that once you get in this life it's hard to get out. Impossible almost." Dad says. He looks over at Jaz and Jax, then to Derek and Me.

"I just want the best for my kids, I want them to be safe. You should know all about that" Kelli says with anger and hate in her voice. The room goes quite as her and dad lock eyes. After a few minutes dad throws his hands up in surrender.

"Ok. I'm just giving you my opinion" he says. I look down at Kelli and give her a look. I know she is upset and the hormones are going crazy but that was uncalled for.

"Mama, I don't feel dood" Melanie says patting Kelli's arm.

"Yea, maybe we should go and get her back to the hotel, don't want her getting any sicker." Kelli says picking Mel up and walking over to where our coats are.

"So soon? We were just getting to know each other" Melissa says standing up following Kelli. I stand up and walk over to them to help them with there coats.

"Well we will have to catch back up sometime and finish getting to know each other" i say putting one of Kelli's arms through her coat. Dad comes up behind me and pats me on the back.

"It's nice seeing you son. Im looking forward to seeing you and your family again" He says pulling me into a hug. I hug back and nod.

"Will do" I simply say before hugging Melissa and the two kids.

"Aye Derek you comin with?" I ask Derek, seeing him still siting at the table.

"No I'm going to say here tonight and have the rest for this wonderful food" he says taking another bite of the pasta.

"Ok, well I'll call you later" I say following Kelli out the door. I watch as she buckles Mel into her chair seat then get into her side of the car. I do the same and start the car, making our way to the hotel.
------