nineteen

zain waited for harry at the park. he was happy to see him again. harry was a pleasure to be around when they first met. zain thought his stutter was so cute, and after he got over his nervousness, harry was so sweet and loveable.

after zain saw his face for the first time, he couldn't help want to see him again. he was amazed by harry's beauty. it was breath taking, and zain was taken by surprise. zain had never even been attracted to another male before, so it was new to him. but a good new, and he didn't care. he liked it.

zain looks up from where he's sitting and he sees harry from afar walking towards him. zain stares at him as he walks up, and again he seems to move in slow motion. his hair bounces with every step he takes, his lips turn up into a smile slowly, as he nears zain, eyes blinking slowly and hair blowing in the gentle wind. he runs his fingers through his hair, and shakes it out and every thing moves so fucking slowly like he was in a movie. zain must've looked like a complete idiot gawking at him, his lips slightly parted.

when harry reaches him he stands in front of zain with his legs together and hands clasped together in front of him like a god damn anime school girl or something. it's so adorable. zain stares at him longer trying to drink him all in. he definitely looked like a creep checking harry from head to toe, but he couldn't help it. he was mesmerized. zain saw harry's lips moving but shit he couldn't hear what he was saying. he was lost in a moment. zain has to snap himself back into reality. he stands up quickly and holds his hand out for harry to shake, like an idiot.

"i'm zain." he says dumbly, before mentally face palming himself. harry looks at him weird, before giggling. "i mean-"

"i- i know that, silly." harry says shyly. zain wanted to shoot himself in the face. where the hell did his brain go?

"sorry, i was distracted." zain says, shaking his head. by your beauty. zain couldn't believe how stupid he sounded. talking to a girl was easy, but harry just made it hard to. this was the second time seeing him and he's already losing it. the words got snatched right out of his mouth. zain has to take a breath to recollect himself for a moment, before he can actually manage a smile at harry. "hey harry." zain says softly.

"hi." harry says, his eyelashes fluttering slightly. almost like zain's heart is right now.

"still up for ice cream?" zain asked. harry nodded. zain grins, and without thinking he reaches and takes harry's hand. "good, c'mon." zain says pulling harry along the side walk next to his, his hand softly gripping harry's. harry's cheeks flushed at the gesture, looking down at them. zain just continues walking, but he glances at harry and notices it. he quickly withdraws his hand. "sorry."

"it's okay." harry tells him, offering a small smile.

"you look really good today." zain says.

"t-thank you, so do you. you always do." harry blurts out, before blushing and biting his lip. zain smirks.

"i know i do." zain says playfully, winking at harry. harry giggles, rolling his eyes.

"you're so vain, zain."

"it's in my name," zain winked, before chuckling. "i'm kidding though, thank you harry. your opinion means a lot to me."

"why? i'm sure you hear a lot of people tell you that everyday."

because you're the fucking love of my life and i want you to love me.

"because, i really like you, you're special." zain says instead. harry blushes softly, but nods in understanding.

"i like you too, zain." harry says bashfully, biting his lip lightly. zain's heart clenches. hold it together.

soon they were at the ice cream shop, standing at the counter, looking over the different flavors. after choosing which flavors they wanted they waited for the cashier to make it for them. and as they stood there, zain took it upon himself to begin poking at harry's dimples and earning small giggles from him as he kept telling zain to stop and swatting his hands away.

when handed their ice cream, zain let harry chose where to sit, which ended up being in the far back corner near the window, inside a booth. they sat across from one another. harry holds his ice cream with both hands, carefully like he was afraid he'd crush the cone. his nails were painted a pretty cherry red color and zain smiled, haven't noticing it before.

"i like your nails." zain tells him. harry flushes slightly and slightly withdraws his hands back towards his chest.

"thank you." harry murmurs.

"don't be embarrassed harry, i told you you can do whatever you want. i don't care." zain assures him. harry nods. "besides, red looks good on you." zain winks. harry grins at him in appreciation. then he starts to eat his chocolate ice cream that had little bunny shaped reeses chocolates mixed into it. zain thought it was adorable he chose that flavor, and it definitely fit him. and zain couldn't focus on eating his own ice cream cause he, again was staring at harry like a creep.

every time harry stuck his tongue out to lick his ice cream, zain got heart palpitations. his lips were so pink and soft looking, kissable, suckable, and lickable. fuck, get a hold of yourself. he didn't understand how harry managed to look good just eating ice cream, or walking, or talking, or existing. again, this was the second time even seeing harry in person and he was gone.

"-you hear me zain?" harry asked. zain shook his head, looking at harry dumbfounded.

"i'm sorry, what?"

"i said, are you gonna eat your ice cream? it's melting.." harry trails off. zain looks down and his mint chocolate ice cream is starting to melt over his hand. zain quickly reaches over to grab a napkin.

"shit." zain mutters. harry giggles.

"you seem a little distracted.. are you okay? i-is it me?" harry asked after a moment. yes, it's you. zain shook his head rapidly.

"no, no, it's not. i'm enjoying myself harry." zain tells his truthfully.

"okay." harry nods.

"and i'm happy to see you again. with just us two." zain says.

"me too.. not that i didn't like your friends but-" harry pauses.

"i know, it's okay. i like it just being us. we can talk more."

"i like it like that too." harry smiles.

from then on, they talk about any and everything they can think of, filling each other's heads with new information and random things. the half full ice cream shop is filled with their laughter for hours. they vibe perfectly together and when it's time to go, they bid each other a bye, neither of them wanting to leave.

☪️

hope you liked, comment what you think. ❤️