thirty nine

zain came up with the idea to have a day out by the pool that weekend with his friends. the day where harry would finally meet them all and they would be able to meet the person zain has been non stop talking about for all these weeks. for zain, he was chill about the idea, and he had no worries. he knew everyone would love harry, because there wasn't anything about him not to love. harry was a sweet guy, not mention adorable, and good looking, and he was really smart too. anyone who had the guts to not like him had to be a hater.

harry on the other hand was nervous. he just wasn't find of being around groups of people. he was shy, and became highly self conscious. he sometimes found it hard to hold a conversation and his would be racing, palms become sweaty. okay, he has bad anxiety. he just wasn't find of too many people surrounding him in a small space and talking to him at once. but, he did want to meet them. they were apart of zain's life, and harry was now apart of his life, and he didn't want to isolate himself from that part of zain's life.

harry also didn't mind the idea of meeting new people and making friends. he was never brave enough to approach someone on his own, so he guesses this was a good opportunity to come out of his shell a little more. that's what he'd been trying to do for a long time now. he just wishes zain didn't chose to spend the day at the pool. harry didn't want to have to meet everyone when he was wet and half naked. how awkward would that be?

but harry wanted to do it, not for just zain, but for himself. he wanted to open up more and not be so afraid anymore. so, that's what he was going to do and maybe it would turn out to be fun. he was already over at zain's, and it was a little past one o clock. zain told him everyone would be over in a few, so harry and zain had changed into their bathing suits. zain had on some light green swim trunks, while harry had on some short yellow trunks, that he was now regretful of. he was still in the bathroom after getting changed and wondered whether they were too short or not.

when harry walks out of the bathroom and zain turns around to see him, his jaw dropped so low it almost fell completely off his face, no bullshit. harry blushes when zain stares at him, and clutches his hands tightly. "um, do you think they are too short? should i chang-"

"no, no, beb, it's fine, you're fine." zain rushes out, a smirk creeping onto his face. "you look hot." harry blushes harsher. zain smiles and walks over to him, wrapping his arms around harry's waist, pulling him closer so that their faces are centimeters from one another. "i'm not even sure i want anyone to see you like that."

"it was your idea." harry laughs, wrapping his arms around zain's neck.

"there's still time to cancel." zain replies and pecks harry on the lips. harry shakes his head.

"you're not canceling zen."

"hey hey, i wear the pants in this relationship, kay? i say what goes." zain says playfully, looking at harry sternly. harry rolls his eyes and gives him a look, because he already knows how this is going to go. "okay, we're not canceling, but only because i said so, not because you looked at me with your big bambi eyes okay?" zain says. harry giggles, dropping his head on zain's shoulder.

"whatever you say, zen."

~

they head downstairs afterwards and out to the pool in zain's backyard. zain had food snacks and drinks set up outside for everyone. there was only gonna be about six or seven people, zain's closest friends. not a big party, with loud music, so harry really didn't have anything to worry about. other then being wet and half naked in front of them, of course.