twenty three

"zain, finally you answer."

"before you start talking, lemme just say, don't bring up anything about my-"

"i know, i wasn't zain, i just needed to speak to you, about us."

"okay."

"i know we weren't really on speaking terms a couple months ago, a lot of shit has happened. i did and said a lot of shit, but i just don't want you to hate me forever for my poor decisions."

"i don't hate you. i hated what you became, i hated what i became. i hate that you got me involved in your shit. and for years, i suffered because of it."

"i know, but it wasn't my intention.. i wasn't in my right mind."

"yeah, you weren't. and you took advantage of my vulnerability."

"i never wanted to see you suffer though zain.. i thought it would help."

"and it did... for a while. until-"

*zain takes a deep breath, shaky.*

"i know, i know, and i'm fucking sorry, i'm sorry for everything i did, and everything you suffered through. i take blame for it."

"you're not fully to blame, but just know that i hurt. i lost friends i never thought i'd be without, my family wanted nothing to do with me, and my reputation as an individual is tainted. and everyday i was in that place, i hurt."

"i know, i wish i could change things."

"me too, but we can't. it is what it is."

"i just want us to be best friends again, not even best friends, but just friends in general. i miss you, and i just wanted you to know how sorry i am. i know a shitty apology can't reverse anything, but i just wanted you to know."

"listen, i'll give this friendship a second go, but just know when you're around me, keep the other shit far away from me. including your goofy ass friends."

"i promise i will. hell, i don't even speak to half of them anymore."

"i'm serious louis, one step out of line and i'm done. i'm in a better headspace now, i don't need anything fucking me over."

"i will, i swear."

"okay."

"are we good?"

"we're good."

"thank you."

"alright louis, i'm about to go out. talk to you later."

"okay, see you zain."

☪️