sixty five

zain and harry are both chatting amongst one another at their favorite place to go with one another, the ice cream shop. it was a beautiful warm day, alongside the fact that zain didn't have to work today, thus they determined it was the perfect time to come out with just the two of them, grab some ice cream, spend some time together. they were currently sharing a huge banana split they ordered, happily helping themselves to the delicious dessert. occasionally, they would feed one another a mouthful of ice cream.

they were always so lovey dovey with one another, behind closed doors as well as out in public. always sharing small kisses every chance they got, holding hands, hugging, making out, practically being all over one another. when they first started dating one another, harry hadn't been so fond of public display of affection, he was so shy and closed off, but the seven months spent with zain were so amazing, he's opened up so much and became comfortable with things he's never been comfortable with before.

zain was happy that harry was able to open up to him, and wasn't afraid to show his affection. although, he was still highly shy in general, he definitely became more comfortable with his relationship with zain—maybe even bolder when it came down to things such as sex. zain loves everything about harry, he's by far the best thing that's happened to zain in years, and since he's been out of rehab. he's never been so smitten by someone before, but harry brought out a side of him he didn't know could exist—silly, dorky, cheesy, and cutesy. that's just how much he loves and cares about harry, his soft side comes to the light.

"baby, you should let me paint your nails tonight." zain says staring at harry's chipped fingernail paint as he lifts the spoon to eat some ice cream. harry lets the creamy substance melt in his mouth, swallowing it down before he speaks.

"you just did them, z." harry points out.

"yeah, but you see, you have this very bad habit of biting your fingernails, so now the paint is chipping off again." zain tells him. harry curls his hand in front of him, pouting at the pink paint that's chipped off his index finger and thumb, mostly. harry absolutely adored the way that zain was always so attentive to him, always watching and observing him, noticing things about harry that sometimes harry didn't even realize. it showed him how much zain genuinely treasured him—at all times watching, observing, taking in every detail of harry and storing it into his mind, making even the most unimportant things, seem important.

"oh, right." harry says, mostly to himself, but then he perks up after a second. "okay, when you do them, do you think you can make each nail a different fruit and put really cute designs on them?" harry asks sweetly. zain smiles.

"of course i can. i do tattoos for a living, i think i can do nail art pretty damn good too." zain says. harry giggles, rolling his eyes.

"of course, what can't you do?" harry asks.

"there's nothing i can't do, baby." zain smirks, bopping harry on the nose. harry smiles at him fondly.

"okay, mr.perfect."

"and don't you forget it." zain winks at him. harry grins at him, his eyes fluttering. he lets his hand fall flat onto the table, zain taking it as a sign to grab his hand and thread their fingers together so that they're holding hands across the table, smiling at one another with love and adoration. they go back to eating their banana split—feeding one another like some cheesy couple, whilst they bump their feet together underneath the table playfully.