Why would you leave me?

Hey guys! This is the beginning of my first story! I'll be going by the nickname Triple_A! This chapter is sort of a prologue, so it's pretty short.

Have a good read!

Michael's POV

"Optic nerve blocking, on."

Those were the last words that I can remember from that day. The day life as I knew it completely turned upside down.

The day Jeremy finally got his precious popularity and decided to leave me alone.

After Jeremy got his squip and got rid of me, his popularity hit a dramatic increase. He joined the football team, which he, or his squip rather, was surprisingly good at.

Every girl at school started to notice him, after all, he was becoming the stereotypical popular jock. He was the full package, smart, strong, and even pretty cute.

Once he started to "upgrade", him and Christine got together. His life was perfect, and the worst part is,

I can't even be mad at him.

I mean, yeah, he did leave me just to get with some girl, but even so, I just can't hate him.

Another part of Jeremy's "upgrade" was becoming a bit of a jerk. He started to bully others for even looking at him the wrong way, either slamming them into lockers, giving them swirlies, you know, traditional bully stuff. But for some reason, he never touched me.

I just didn't exist to him anymore.

Though, this didn't stop others from assaulting me. Things went from verbal abuse, to physical beatings, and even public humiliation.

After all that, no one seemed to care about me. I was alone at lunch, since someone spread rumors that I'm gay, which is true. There were also some about people thinking that Jeremy and I used to date. Jeremy was able to brush off these accusations, but then new rumors spread that I was Jeremy's secret stalker.

I can't take this anymore.

I want a different life.

I want to change.

I want to leave my past behind me.

I'll be a new me.

This year will be different.

This year, I won't be pushed around anymore.

This year,

I'm getting a squip.