It's time

Micheal's Pov
"We're here."

After driving and speaking for awhile more, Jeremy and I finally arrived at his house.

I haven't been here in a long time, wonder if anything's changed.

"Don't worry, everything still the same." Jeremy says, following the remark with a snicker. He must've noticed my reaction to seeing his house again.

Jeremy and I never lived remotely close to each other. Actually, we lived on opposite sides of town, making us about a 15 minute drive apart.

Him and I used to just ride on the same bus together, depending on which house we wanted to hang out at, but we stopped that for obvious reasons.

Maybe after all of this, we could go back to being friends?

Or more.

God, you scared me! I didn't know you were still here!

I don't just switch off as I please, Michael. To be quite frank, I find that completely unprofessional.

Yeah well, when you don't talk for awhile I just assume you're gone for a break or something.

Understandable. And I left because I wanted to give the two of you your moment.

I thought you didn't want us to be together?

No Michael. I simply wanted you to pick and choose what you wanted at the moment, you were being indecisive. We needed to focus on the objective at hand, an you said you wanted that objective to be popularity.

I did, didn't I?

But, I did say that whenever possible, I would help you with him, as long as it didn't effect your pervious goal. Now, it seems like Jeremy is your current goal.

It's hard to explain, I don't really want to be popular if he's not with me. It was cool being the center of attention and all that, but without him, It'd be all for nothing.

I understand. He is the reason you got me in the first place, not to mention that you said you "like him so much". The squip is easily able to mimic my voice.

Did I really sound like that? Oh my god.

"Michael? You coming?"

Jeremy's on his front porch, gesturing to his open front door.

"Oh! Yeah, I am."

Jeremy's Pov
"So, how are we going to get it out?" I ask. Michael and I had just entered my house.

"My squip says we need Mountain Dew red." He responds.

He walks to my kitchen, throwing open the cabinet door. Rattling through the objects on the top level, he stops, pulling down a big box that I didn't even know was there.

It doesn't look too important, it's about the size of a shoe box. The contents inside however, definitely were not related to shoes.

He takes off the lid slowly, revealing a clutter of candy, chip bags, assorted pieces of gum and soda that were inside.

"Why the hell do you have all of this stuff here?"

"Jeremy, I used to leave half of my belongings at your house. I've probably got some hoodies and shirts in your closet right now. I bring a lot of junk food too."

"So it's just in case? A zombie apocalypse strikes and we end up having to live off of Doritos and Hershey's bars?"

"When you say it that way it sounds stupid. And no, it's more of an, 'In case of an epic movie premiere' thing."

"Oh of course of course, that definitely makes sense."

"Whatever, you're just mad you didn't think of it first." He says smugly, a smirk sliding across his face.

"Am not."

"Are too."

"Am not."

"Are too!"

"Fine, maybe a little."

"I knew it!" He retorts.

"Okay, okay. What's the purpose of showing this to me now?"

"Well, I did put a bunch of stuff that I got from Spencers in here, so there should be some Mountain Dew red in here too! Ah, there it is!" He announces triumphantly, revealing the red bottle.

He sets it down on the table, displaying it proudly.

"What do you think?"

"Well, it's like Mountain Dew, but red."

"That's a given."

We sit silently for a couple more seconds, staring at the bottle in front of us.

"So, Jeremy, are you ready?"

There will probably only be 2-3 more chapters following this one, which break is my heart a bit, I'm gonna miss this story. I'm also gonna miss all of you. You guys helped this story become what it is now, with all of the commenting and voting, it means a bunch!

Signing off,
-Triple_A