Chapter Ten: Give it Back

You scarfed down the plate of sushi in front of you. "Hey, do you mind sharing?" Hiro said, pulling the plate closer to him.

"Well, some of us didn't eat breakfast," you said, swallowing the bite of seaweed, vinegar rice, and avocado.

Hiro rolled his eyes and shoved another piece into his mouth.

"Okay, okay," Cass bounced up to the table. "How is it?"

"Great," Hiro said. "I mean, look at how fast (Y/N)'s eating."

You glared at Hiro, who was sitting across from you. That morning, you managed to avoid an awkward breakfast with your dad and Michiko. Now you were famished, and Cass invited you over to try out some new recipes.

Cass sighed and wiped her hands on her apron. "Too bad Tadashi's at SFIT. I would like more opinions."

"Yeah, too bad," Hiro said, waggling his eyebrows at you. You scowled at your glass of water. It wasn't too obvious you kind of liked Tadashi, was it?

When a customer arrived, Cass left the table, leaving you and Hiro alone with a empty plate. You pulled out your phone, hoping to avoid awkward conversation. After a few minutes of (Favorite App), Hiro suddenly leaned over and snatched your phone from your fingers. You shrieked. "Hiro!"

"Let's see who's in your contacts, (Y/N)!" Hiro said gleefully. "Ooh, who's (Boy Cousin's Name)?"

"That's my cousin," you said rolling your eyes. "Give it back."

"Oh, yeah? Then who's (Random Guy's Name)?"

Your face burned at the mention of your crush back in (Hometown) before you moved. "No one."

"That means it's someone," Hiro teased. He began to type. "Let's tell him you love him."

"What? No!" You leaped out of your seat. "Give it back, now."

"Not yet!" Hiro said. He was laughing so hard he couldn't type normally. Then he slid out of his chair and ran for the stairs.

"Hiro!" you screamed, chasing after him. Some customers looked up, but didn't bother to do anything. They continued with their own business.

You grabbed at Hiro's hood but missed. He flew into his room and slammed the door before you could reach him.

"Hiro, stop," you pleaded, knocking on the door.

"Not just yet," Hiro said, right behind the door. You heard the computerized clicking noises of the keyboard.

"Hiro! If you don't open this door now, I will literally break it down and kill you." You jiggled the doorknob.

"You can try." But the door swung open, and Hiro handed you your phone. "Here."

"What did you send?" You snatched it from him and immediately checked the 'Sent' folder. Hiro didn't send anything to anyone. Your apps were all there. Your phone was fine.

"Nothing," Hiro replied. "Done being angry yet?"

You punched him in the arm. "If my phone starts acting up, then know that I'll blame you."

"No problem," Hiro said cheerfully.

"Hiro, seriously, what were you doing on my phone? I heard you typing." You pushed him against the wall.

Hiro shoved you off him. "Nothing!"

"Prove it!"

He stepped forward and pinned you against the wall. "Why don't you prove that I did something to your phone?" He smirked and let go of you.

You gritted your teeth. "Okay, fine," you said, giving in.

Hiro ruffled your hair with his hand and walked out of the room. You were left alone in the cluttered bedroom.

You looked over to Hiro's side of the room. You could tell it was his because it was more messy. How about I do something to his stuff? That'll show him. You walked over to his dresser and began poking around. It was mainly just bits of robot and clothes laying around. But a fresh, white slip of paper sat on his dresser. Huh? You picked it up and stared at the tiny print. It was a receipt. It's for the teddy bear, you realized.

Toy World
Thursday, 9:10 AM, July 3
Customer: Hiro Hamada
Product: HUGE TEDDY BEAR - $24.99

Hiro bought the bear? You stared at the receipt in shock. Right then and there, you knew there was only one explanation: Hiro bought the bear, and asked Tadashi to give it to you.

* * *

HIRO YOU MAKE EVERYTHING SO CONFUSING.

Spoilers: He still hates you.

For now.

;)

~Clover