Chapter 23: What a Surprise!

Falling in Love with Hollywood’s Golden Boy

Chapter 23: What a Surprise!

Maddie’s POV

“RISE AND SHINE, BUTT FACE!!” Someone shouted, while jumping on me and repeatedly hitting me with a pillow.

“What the hell, Natalie?!” I exclaimed and pushed her off of me; making her fall on her butt.

“Ow, what was that for?” She squealed while rubbing her butt.

“Touché” She said and sat on the side of my bed.

I gave her a questioning look. “Well?”

“Oh, right! Mom said to take me to the mall.” Natalie said.

“Are you crazy? It’s Tuesday, we have school in... (I looked at my clock)… holy crap, it’s 10:00!! Natalie, what are you doing sitting there? Get out and get dressed! We’re 3 hours late for school.” I yelled; panicking while rushing to find an outfit.

“Jeeze, Maddie, calm down.” She said.

Is she seriously telling me to calm down when we’re already 3 hours late for school?

“Calm down? Are you crazy? We’re extremely late!” I exclaimed while grabbing an outfit I found.

“No we’re not, Maddie.” She said; calmly.

Is it just me or is this girl insane?

“What are you talking about? You know what? Fine! You could skip school but I’m not, now get out so I can change please.” I said.

“Maddie calm down, there’s no school today.” She said.

Huh?

“What do you mean there’s no school today? It’s Tuesday and today isn’t a holiday the last time I checked.” I said.

“No, I know that. Mom got a call from the school this morning saying that last night someone broke into the school and robbed us. All the money from the main office, cafeteria, even the money in the school safe is gone; all of it is gone.” She explained.

Oh my god!

“Oh my god, are you serious?! Who would rob a school?” I asked; worriedly.

“I don’t know but they said we don’t have school for the rest of the week, and then they’ll find out more information about the robbery and tell us about it and then they’ll see when it’s safe to come back to school.” She explained.

“Okay” I said.

“And they also said that a janitor was shot last night while working his late shift.” She added.

“Oh my god, are you serious? That’s so terrible.” I said and felt really bad for whichever janitor got shot last night.

“Yeah… so… um… can you take me shopping now?” She asked; changing the subject.

I eyed her in annoyance but finally nodded. “Fine” I sighed

She jumped up in excitement and squished me in a hug. “Thanks big sis!” and ran out of my room into her room.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled at her and then got up to take a shower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After I took my shower, I wrapped my towel around me and when I went to turn the door knob, a pain shot through my wrist, causing me quickly let go.