🌺 Chapter Twenty 🌺

You're pulling me up,

and she's dragging me down.

How much longer until you both break me?

"Sayori!"

She sat up straight, blue eyes blown wide in surprise. For the past five minutes, she wasn't aware of me calling her name, despite sitting right in front of me.

"A-Ah?!"

I exhaled softly. "You're very quiet lately. Not only that, but you're extra clingy. Not that I'm complaining, but..." I hesitated, glancing at her.

She was staring at me intently saying nothing.

"Are you okay?" I finished.

She stayed quiet for a while, thinking of something to say.

"Sa—"

"I'm okay!" She smiled.

"...Are you sure?"

"Yup!" She wrapped her arms around me. "As long as you're with me, I'm always happy!"

I chuckled. "In that case, I'm glad to hear that."

She snuggled into my neck, before resting her chin on my shoulder.

"I guess I'm just... bored, you know? It feels as if everything is slowly blurring into nothing. I just can't seem to find joy in anything," She told me, staring ahead at the wall in front of her.

Sayori's eyes looked somewhat sad, but before I could point anything out, she gently poked my nose, as her smile crawled back to her face.

"But you never fade. You're always there, glowing, like my guardian angel. So I know, that as long as you're by my side, I'll be okay!"

"Oh, is that so?" I asked. "I'm flattered. But I don't want you relying on me all the time, alright? I want you to find happiness in things that you enjoy. Not necessarily me."

"But you're the most important thing in my life, and that will never change!" She pouted, bonking me on the head, before she laughed. "...But fine. I'll do everything I can to live life to the fullest, even without you always there!"

She kissed my cheek. "But it's always going to be better with you there, remember that."

I rolled my eyes playfully, and pulled her into a hug, causing her to squeal.

"You're such a little dork, Sayori." I kissed her in return, but on her forehead. "I love you."

She hummed, smiling brightly.

I loved when she smiled like that. It wasn't hiding any lies, any tears, any sadness. It was a genuine smile, and I couldn't help but smile back.

"So, what do you want to do?" I asked her. "Let's go somewhere. Anywhere. It's up to you where we go."

"We can really go anywhere I want?"

"Hell yeah."

"Hmm..." She rubbed her chin, considering it. "Even if I wanted to go to the moon, would we go there?" She asked jokingly.

"If it's what you want, then yes, we can."

She giggled. "Okay, but in all seriousness... I want to go to... uh... a theme park!"

"Sounds fun," I grinned. "Yeah, we can go."

"Now?!"

"Ah, well," I looked at my phone, checking the time. "Maybe not. It's pretty late now. Maybe once we wake up, we'll get ready, and go. How's that sound?"