Seventeen

"Lauren how many time should I remind you to stop making scenes especially at the campus" he said sternly but his voice was more of calm now than before.

I sigh and slump my back to the chair "well I didn't ask you to always remind me" I retorted which I'm aware that will only make him even more mad.

It's not my fault that I don't perform like what he want.

Sometimes his standards is just so easy to reach and I felt like I'm not enough to be who he wants.

"I want this to be the last time that you'll ever do something like that again"

At first I thought having a father whose an owner and principal of a school is super cool but now my mind changes.

Most of the time he's more of a principal than a father to me, it's just not fair. He understands me as a student but he doesn't understand me as a daughter.

"Lauren are we clear?"

"Lauren jauregui!"

I flinched as soon as he yelled and I look at him defenselessly before nodding "yes sir".

"Good you're dismissed"

I quivered my lips before standing up and leaving his office.

We're not even in campus. We're at home but he would often make it pass whatever trouble I'm doing in school then boom when we comes home it's where all scolding happens.

It just sucks.

"Lauren sweetie are you okay?" Mum asked as soon as I got out from Dad's office, I sigh deeply before forcing a smile to appear in my lips.

"Yes Mom I'm fine".

She frown and open her arms wide, sometimes she do understand me which is enough for me at least I still have mom, dad? Nah I felt like I have a principal at home.

"I'm going to my room" I mumble lowly, she gives me a concern and worried look but I blink my eyes giving her a sign that I just want to rest.

Sometimes when you're mouth can't speak anymore because of pain you just let your actions show how bad you want to rest.

I open my door and throw myself into the bed, grabbing a pillow then burying my face onto it.

My pillow is the witness how sad I am every single night.

Things just don't go as I expected sometimes.

____

"Lauren sis get up breakfast is ready"

I groan before shifting on my bed as I roll into the other side.

"Lauren"

I squinted my eyes and saw Taylor standing beside my bed.

"Whose there?" I asked and she furrow her eyebrows in confusion unaware of what I meant by that.

"Whose eating breakfast right now?" I asked again clearing out the words.

She made a realization face "oh well mom dad and me, Chris has already gone out early...dad ask me to get you"

There's no way I'm going to eat breakfast with them it'll just go messed up.

"I'll go down in few" I told Taylor.

She shrug before turning around "hurry okay".