Chapter 5 - A Matter of Feeling

On her next shift at the drugstore, Lisa was already missing Jennie's company. Also, she felt a bit stupid and hopeless, it was uncomfortable. Uncomfortable and inevitable. She hated to admit this to herself, but it was true. She was falling for the girl. It was ridiculous, just ridiculous. They haven't even kissed. In the reality, they have barely touched. How something like that could even be possible?

It was not like that first time. The first time she fell for someone. She was not in love with Jennie, yet. But it was different. When she met Hyo-joo, they were in college, freshman year. The first thing she thought was 'this girl is fucking hot'. With Jennie, it was something like 'who is this girl.'

Lisa never had a real connection to anyone at her foster family. Her last deep connection to people was lost 10 years before she laid her eyes on Hyo-joo. Her real self was closed to the rest of the world, but the lovely blond psychology student got something on Lisa. Their mutual physical attraction turned into affection. Over the months, the affection had deepened into their hearts and souls to something more. To love. To the freaking feeling of love. But maybe, not in the same level for both of them.

With Jennie, things happened in a very complete different way. First she was amused by the girl's quirkiness. Then, she felt some kind of content by her presence. With not much talk and zero physical contact. And then there was this fondness. Lisa was not sure if the order was right or if the feelings were exactly what she was trying to label. All she knew she was walking into a new territory. In was unknown and familiar at the same time. But what really scared her was not the unknown, but the intensity. And the inevitability of it.

She got a new text buzz, taking her out of her thoughts.

Krystal (11:45p.m.): interested in a private lap dance session after your shift?

Krystal was always straight to the point. But Lisa was not sure if she wanted to do that again. Her last book was done. Probably would not be the last one on the series of Lalimario, but she was not inclined to have meaningless sex for a while. She felt like she was cheating on Jennie, even though there was nothing happening between them. Or that would ever will. It just didn't feel right.

Lisa (11:48p.m.): that's an incredible offer, but I have to decline

Krystal (11:50p.m.): Is everything ok with you?

Lisa (11:51p.m.): yes. I'm just not in the mood

Krystal (11:53p.m.): ok, but if you change your mind, I'll be out by 6

After an ordinary lazy shift, Lisa was at home, having dinner for breakfast (a reheated pizza). She was an excellent cooker, when she wanted, but most of the time she was too lazy to cook. So, pizza from yesterday was not so bad.

With a yawn Jisoo entered the kitchen, stretching her arms. She was wearing a navy blue PJs, her short red hair in messy spikes. She went straight to the coffee maker.

"You could have made some coffee, Vamp. Help out a friend sometime." They looked frustrated at Lisa, who as leaned in her chair lazily, legs spread over the table.

"Good morning to you too" she showed them a sarcastic grin. "How was your first day in the new job?"

"Uhhh... it was good. Yeah, good." She were having some trouble to make the machine to function.

"That's it? Good?" Lisa was kind of disappointed. Her friend was not giving her anything to work with.

"The usual of first days, you know... they showed me how to file things, where everything is supposed to be on the office, how their system works... nothing crazy or weird."