Chapter 29 - Turn the Page

"What do you think about this one?" Jennie said to Rosé, leaving the changing room.

Rosé raised one brow at Jennie, looking at her from toes to head. "I don't know. Something is missing."

Jennie bit her lower lip. "I feel that too." She blew out a frustrated breath. "I know this is just a small ceremony, that we will have a big one in the future; but I want it to be perfect."

Rosé understood exactly what Jennie wanted. After more than 8 years of friendship and another 4 working together, they were very in tune with things related to their wishes, it was like a sixth sense. "You can try more dresses sweetie, don't worry."

Jennie shook her head. "There aren't many options for a bride who's eight months pregnant." She huffed "Well, I'm not trying to find a traditional wedding dress, but it's hard anyway."

"It's okay, Jennie. We are going to look until we find it, I'm sure we will find the perfect dress."

"How Lisa is doing?"

"Let me ask Jis." Rosé typed on her phone. Jennie gave a last look at the white sleeveless dress in the mirror.

"I'll try that one with the lace on the skirt." Jennie returned to the stall while Rosé was concentrated on her phone.

"They said Lisa just got it." Rosé called to Jennie. "She is returning to the apartment very soon."

"Already?!" Jennie said peeking through the curtain.

Rosé nodded. "Apparently Lisa's not a fan of shopping for clothes, so she only tried the ones she really liked. So she only tried like three."

"I'm glad Lisa knows what she wants." Jennie said from inside the booth. "At least one of us is ready for this wedding." She let out a groan.

"Do you need any help there?"

"Yeah... I'm stuck!" She complained.

Rosé stood up, reaching Jennie on the other side of the curtain. "I don't think this one is going to fit you, Sweetie." Rosé said with a gentle tone, trying her best to not offend Jennie.

"Maybe I should check that rack with the long sleeves."

"Yeah, maybe." Rosé tilted her head to the side, lips curled in a strange smile "Jennie, are you really sure about this?"

"I should try before I know right?"

"I mean about the wedding." She placed her hands behind her back, using a very gentle tone on her voice. "You've only been with Lisa for a few months, don't you think you are rushing things a little bit?"

"Not a few months, Rosé! More like five. Yeah, five months or so." Jennie said, getting rid of the whole dress and tossing it on a bench.

"You are under a lot of stress with the new house and the baby coming very soon... don't you think you should wait until after the birth and see how things go from there?" Rosé grabbed the dress and put it back on the hanger, smoothing out the fabric.

"I don't have any doubt, Rosé. Lisa is the one for me." Jennie said grabbing her own clothes on the bench to get dressed again.

"I know she makes you happy, Jennie. But marriage is a very serious commitment."

"I'm very aware of that Rosé, you don't need to be so overprotective, you know how I hate that." Jennie was already showing some irritation on her voice.

"I'm just concerned about you, sweetie, don't be mad at me."

Jennie crossed her arms and looked pointedly to Rosé. "Not even my father is concerned about me getting married this early. Are you still having suspicions about Lisa? Because I'm sure-"