Chapter 34 - The Oasis and The Island

"Lis?" Jennie said shaking Lisa by her shoulder.

"Huh?" Lisa opened her eyes slowly. Jennie was standing by her side with a tray in hand.

"I brought you some tea. And cake."

Lisa sat up, brushing her eyes. "I don't think I can eat anything."

"Have at least a tiny bit, Lis. This cake is so good, you should try it." Jennie placed the tray over Lisa's lap.

Lisa mumbled something and took the cup of tea, drinking a bit. She also ate a small part of the cake.

"It's good, but I can't have anymore." She took another sip of the tea.

Jennie felt her temperature again, it was normal, but Lisa really looked awful.

"I called my doctor, he said it was better for me to sleep in another room, okay? I don't think is just a cold. You probably have the flu."

Lisa looked like someone had kicked a puppy.

"No. No, Cupcake, you can sleep in here with your pillows, I'll be okay in a mattress in the office. It's big enough."

"I won't let you sleep on the floor. And the bathroom is much closer in here. You are sick."

"And you are pregnant. Very pregnant."

Jennie twisted her lips looking around them. "Maybe we can place the mattress in here." Jennie took her phone. "I'll talk to Dr. Cha again."

After a few minutes and a lot of questions, the doctor said to Jennie that Lisa could share the same room with her, but not the same towels or clothes. Mr. Kim helped placing the mattress on their bedroom and he also took the sheets from the bed to cover the mattress, helping Jennie to set new ones on the bed.

Rosé and Jisoo went to visit on the afternoon. Rosé brought a soup for Lisa and Jisoo made her company for a while, talking about the Halloween wedding.

"You look like shit, Vampira." She said after the last joke about Hyunjin.

"I feel like shit, so I could not possible look like anything else."

"And clearly there are problems in paradise."

"How can people know these things?" She snorted.

"Because you're not looking at each other like two gross teenagers."

"That obvious, huh?"

"You were never subtle."

Lisa ran her fingers on her hair. "It's because of the false alarm of yesterday. She wanted to go home but I took her to the hospital anyway."

"Ouch!" She chuckled humorlessly. "Jennie is not a fan of people telling her what to do."

"Yeah, tell me about it." She rolled her eyes taking a tissue to blow her nose. "I've always been supportive of her decisions, but when her health is at stake, I don't give a damn if she will be mad at me."

"I get you, and I wish I could say something helpful to you, but I got nothing."

"Well, thanks for nothing." Lisa said throwing her dirty tissue on her friend.

"Ew! You are a horrible friend." She threw the tissue back to Lisa.

"Back at too, geek lab."

"Well, I got to go. I think it was time enough for them to gossip about us."

"Like we were not doing the same." Lisa sighed. "Thank Rosé for me, would you?"

"Sure."