Chapter 7 - Dress emergency and Pizzas

Lisa took a deep breath at the vision before her. Every now and then she would come to that place, to remind herself about her life goals: Finish her debts; Save for grad school. But that was not enough anymore. She wanted more. When she held Jennie's hand the other day, she felt another void she needed to fill. Was she really a family person, like Krystal said? She was not sure, but she certainly would do something about it. She took a last look at the old stained "For Sale" sign stuck on her old front yard. She had spent the best moments of her life in that place, surrounded by the love and care of her parents. But it was all a part of the past now.

She walked back to her empty apartment, thinking about how closer she was from her primary goal: pay for her student loan. Before her last book, she would probably take 3years to liquidate her debts, but now maybe in 2 years or less. Some famous booktuber found her Lalimario's Nights series and made a video praising her books. After that, a second youtuber did the same, following the other recommendation. The word spread by social media and day after day the download numbers were increasing frighteningly fast. She was not sure how much she would get from that month, but certain would be much more than the usual 300 or 400 bucks.

She arrived at her place, throwing her bag over the couch. She stood in front of her bookcase, passing her fingers though book spines. She smiled at the sight of The Distance. Even her beloved underrated book was getting some attention. She reminded how Jennie talked with so much care about it. Jennie. She looked around her cold pale walls. The place would be so much better with Jennie in there. She would be so much better with Jennie in there. What if?

She took her phone and tipped a quick text.

Lisa(07:20a.m.): Want to have lunch with me today?

She knew Jennie would answer a little latter, so she went to bed and set her alarm clock for noon.

-----

Jennie was still fighting her morning sickness of the day when she saw Lisa's text. She quickly replied.

Jennie (08:05a.m.): Sure! Call you later.

She drank her last bottle of the miracle medicine Lisa gave her. She really needed to buy more later. When she arrived at the office, Jisoo and Rosé were already there. Lately they were dealing with the Hart-Johnson wedding, their first all-female couple ever. They had a couple of male pairs since they began, and they (specially Jennie) were eager to have the very first lesbian wedding in the I Do Wedding Planning (they didn't like to use the "gay wedding" or "lesbian wedding" labels, but they listened a lot of that terms around the suppliers – a wedding is a wedding, period)

"Good morning" Jennie greeted her co-workers before sitting in her desk.

"Good morning, sweetheart, how are you feeling?" Said Rosé in a very good mood. Jisoo just raised her hand with a brief wave since she was on the phone.

"I'm great!" Jennie showed her sparkling smile "How is the Hart-Johnson for now?"

"Sharon will be here around 3 for the last dress fitting. Rosa's atelier is getting fumigated today, can you believe it?"

"Two days before the wedding? Yes I do believe." Jennie laughed a little nervous. The strangest things usually happen around the wedding day. She could not be surprised by anything this far.