Chapter 20 - Twenty Weeks

Lisa was looking at the bright rock on her finger, while her hand was resting over Jennie's stomach. After a sweet make out session, they were lying on the bed, Jennie resting on her back, Lisa wrapped by her side, head over a pile of pillows beside Jennie's belly, her left hand just randomly tracing patterns around the navel.

The ring was silver, with a thick band decorated with a kind of engraving that somehow captured her personality. The square diamond rock on the middle was not small and not too big, just perfectly in harmony with the rest of the ring. She had no idea how much that cost, and although she was curious, she thought that would probably be not very polite to ask. She smiled again feeling the luckiest woman in the world, placing a few kisses on Jennie's torso.

"Hey little guy, your mothers are engaged, isn't that great?" She said to the belly.

Jennie, who was looking at her hand too, diverted her eyes to the woman talking to her belly.

"She proposed to me first, but you have to know that I was planning to do that a long time ago, but she just beat me. And do you do know why? She is going to say it's because she loves me, but the truth it's because she is very competitive."

"Hey!"

"And because she wanted her last name to be the last one on our family name."

"No. It's because I love you and because I wanted to do a romantic gesture for a change."

"See? She is also in a competition to see which one of us is more romantic." Jennie rolled her eyes. "But I don't mind, it's a gain-gain situation, really." She turned her head and faced Jennie, with a big smile.

Jennie looked at her hand again, "Lis, how long is this ring have been on your family? This is not like a very expensive jewelry, right?"

Lisa pushed herself up on the bed, supporting her side over her elbow. "I really don't know how expensive it is, but it's on my family for a lot of generations, that's all I know."

Jennie extended her hand looking it at a bigger distance "It's so beautiful."

Lisa rested her head over Jennie's shoulder "Yeah, it is. We need to take it to somewhere to fix."

"We can take to the place I bought yours."

Lisa raised her hand placing it beside Jennie's. "How you managed to buy a perfect size to my finger? I don't wear rings for you to have a model."

Jennie held Lisa's hand, kissing it and placing it over her chest "Well, when I bought it, it was a little bit big too, but I tried it on your finger, when you were asleep on the couch and I took it back to the store to do the fitting and then I tried it again in the next night, when you were having some bad dreams. That was not easy."

"All of this in just 3 days? I'm impressed, Cupcake. I wish I had thought something like this before give you a loose ring."

"Well, I'm not an expert in weddings by chance." She turned her head and kissed Lisa.

"But you can't beat me at Risk, that's for sure." Lisa said teasing.

"You were cheating! I don't know how, but I'm sure you were!"

Lisa laughed out loud, pulling Jennie's left hand and kissing it. "Yes I was, but it worth it, every minute."

"I knew it! Nobody can be this lucky!" She sat up. "How you did it?"

"Do you really want to know?" Lisa rolled and lay on her back.

"Of course I want to know! Don't you know me?"