Chapter 22 - Crazy for You

On the next morning, after the sweet moment in the middle of the night, Jennie woke up in a great mood. She left Lisa sleeping in the bed and went with her father to the only supermarket in the town. They needed to get some food for the rest of the last week in their house. Jennie was telling to her father about the airplane trip, including Lisa's fear of flying and the kind girl that was traveling alone by their side. Jennie could not remember the last time she had a moment like that with her father, just talking about casual things.

"Kiddo, I'm going to play bowling with the boys tonight, so don't wait for me to be home early."

"Okay." Jennie said looking for a new pillow. She loved to basically sleep on top of Lisa, but she knew that that could not be good for Lisa, as much as she said it was fine.

"And we going to get some drinks later, but don't worry, Charlie will be taking me and one of the rookies will be our designated driver for our way back."

"I know you are very responsible, dad. You don't have to explain yourself to me."

Jennie suddenly realized she was going to get the house just for herself and Lisa. For an entire night.

"Dad, I'm going to get some things for me in the lady aisle, can we meet in the checkout?"

"Sure." He said pushing the cart away.

Jennie took a basket and got all she needed for a very special night with Lisa. After more than 2 weeks just touching herself, she was done waiting. And as the days had progressed, Lisa was looking ever hotter on her eyes. That was not fair at all.

Walking down on the electronic aisle, she noticed a familiar face behind a glass counter. For a moment she was not sure if that was the same person. She approached the face she didn't see in ten years and confirmed her suspicious. It was Nancy, her first girlfriend. She was wearing business attire, talking with another employee of the market. As soon as she saw Jennie approaching, she displayed a discreet smile.

"Nancy? It's really you?" Jennie said opening big eyes.

"Jennie Kim, what a surprise!" Nancy came from the other side of the counter and hugged Jennie properly. She noticed her pregnant belly right away. "Are you carrying a little bun in the oven?"

"Yes, I am." Jennie said proudly. "Almost 5 months, now."

Nancy noticed Jennie's ring too "And you are married." She concluded. "Well, I am too."

"Not quite yet. But I'll be very soon. I'm engaged."

"You know, marriage is hard, but I'm sure you are going to love it." She took her phone and showed Jennie a picture of a man and 2 little girls. "This is Chad, and our twins, Rachel and Tiffany."

Jennie looked with widen eyes at the picture. "You married a man." She said not really thinking about her words. "I mean, there is no problem about it, I just thought you were gay."

Nancy made an affected hand gesture. "Oh, that was just a phase, my dear. After I met Chad in college I realized that."

"Oh." Jennie said a little uneasy. "You seem very happy, so this is good." She said in her high pitch voice.

"And what about you? Did you keep dating girls after all these years?"

"Exclusive." Jennie nodded. "My fiancé it's a girl... or better saying, a woman."

"She came in town with you? By the way, what are doing in here? Aren't you living in California?"

"Yes, I am. And yes she is. We got in town last night, it was a long and exhausting trip, I let her sleeping a little more." She chuckled. "I'm in town cause my father is moving, and I need to take some of my things before he sells the house, and Lisa, my fiancé, is visiting Minnesota for the first time."