Chapter 6 - Real Life Adjustments

One of the most valuable things Rosé learned from her mother was this statement: A clean place it's a happy place. That's why it was always so important for her to start her day with her clean routine. It makes her feel so much better, see everything in its proper place, surfaces with no sight of dust, fabrics smelling like flowers, the nice touch of a fresh towel. And what could make things even better? A belly full of baked sweets.

But, when Jennie was looking with agony eyes for her, Rosé couldn't think of anything she could do to make things better. She knew no cleaning would be enough. There would be not enough trays of cookies in the world to fix that. Jennie was angry and she knew she had a good reason to be. But also, she didn't. Rosé had everything under control. She just needed a way to show her friend how.

"Jennie, sweetie, can you please sit for a bit?" Rosé asked Jennie with pleaded eyes.

"I'm really fine standing here. What the hell is going on with you Rosé Park?" Jennie crossed her arms and kept her stiff position.

"I'm worried about you, Jennie, this can't be good for your baby, please take a sit." Rosé gestured for the couch.

"If you were really worried about me you would not be making out with our assistant." She took her hand to her forehead "What if they sue us?"

"Making out?" Rosé made a concerned face. "You saw us in the kitchen this morning?"

"You were kissing here too?" Jennie looked around her, eyes widened with every new information.

"Jennie, we are not fooling around like 2 teenagers." She reconsidered "I mean, you were quite right, we did make out, and some other stuff... but that's not mean we are irresponsible people, that's for sure."

"Rosé, can't you see how this is serious?" Jennie extended her two hands in Rosé's direction. Her "talking hands" gestures were about to start.

"This is not what you are thinking, Jennie."

"It's not? You mean that you are head over hills for our assistant, a person you had met 2 weeks ago, it's that right?"

"Yes. That's why I told you we are going to live together. Jisoo and me. We love each other, Jennie."

"But how..." Jennie finally sat on the couch "Two weeks, Rosé. How?"

"I don't know Jennie. I can't explain love. What I know is that... Jisoo is my soul mate." Rosé gave Jennie her most honest answer, but Jennie was beyond frustration.

"This is... Rosé, no. You can't be seriously saying to me, that you think you are living a fairy tale."

"I don't think, Jennie. I know." Rosé sat by Jennie's side, her features turning to a more serious manner.

"How can you know? How can you know for sure, really? Have you ever been in love before?" Jennie used a very condescending tone, she tried reasoned Rosé by her own experience. For Jennie, Rosé was suffering of some kind of temporary blindness. Nobody could fall that fast.

"I have not. But I know what I feel, Jennie. And they know too."

"Rosé... you can't be serious... two weeks?"

"Why can't you believe this is possible? You have loved before, you know how this feels, you can't help it."

"Yes, Rosé, I know how this feels. It took months for me to fall for Sowon, and years before we moved in together. But it was just a matter of days for everything to fall apart." It hurted for Jennie to admit that, how love could be so fragile. It happened with her, it should not happen with Rosé too. How could her friend not see this?