Chapter 13 - From Nightmares to Fantasies

To say that Jennie was panicking was an understatement. When she arrived at the office in that morning, Rosé saw right away the concern on her face.

"Are you okay, sweetie? You look more stressed than the usual."

Jennie sat down on her desk and turned on her computer, looking around the place. Jisoo was not there. "My father is coming to visit. He doesn't know I'm pregnant." She sighed. "He doesn't know a lot of things."

"I'm sure he will be thrilled when he learns he will be a grandpa." Rosé sat down by Jennie's side, patting gently on Jennie's back.

"But he won't be happy to know that I broke up with Sowon."

Rosé smiled sympathetic "Just tell him the whole story, I'm sure he will understand."

"And there is more." Jennie looked unease to Rosé. "I'm dating Lisa."

Rosé furrowed her eyes in a very concerned look "Really? Since when?"

Jennie raised her shoulders "Well, officially since this morning."

Rosé placed her hands on lap, the concern never leaving her face "Does she treat you fine?"

Jennie snapped "What kind of question is that? Of course she treats fine, she's Lisa. She is always kind to me."

Rosé retrieved a bit on her chair "You have to admit, Jennie. She is quite strange."

"No she is not. And why are saying this? I never judge your partner." Jennie fidgeted in her seat, her hands waving with nervous gestures towards Rosé.

Rosé retreated a little more, rolling her chair away "I'm only concerned Jennie."

"You're acting like my father, argh!" Jennie turned to her desk and dropped her head over the table, frustrated. "He will be worse than you."

"I'm sorry. I'm just worry that Lisa is taking advantage of you."

Jennie raised her head from the table. "But why? Where this concerns about Lisa comes from? You barely know her!"

"Well, I didn't want to bug you before, but... I've heard some stories about her."

"What stories?" Jennie turned her whole body and chair to face Rosé.

"That she goes out with a different girl every week. That she just sleeps around and never calls them back."

"Who told you that? It was Jis?"

Rosé shook her head, placing her hands stiffly on her lap "No. It was Jooyeon from Jane's Catering. She also works in this queer club in downtown and talked to me about a girl called Lisa that was always there picking up girls. I don't think there is any other Lisa in this area."

That was nothing new to Jennie, but the way Rosé said how Lisa never called the girls made her a little unsettle. She never thought how Lisa treated those girls.

"What else do you know about it?" She said rolling her chair closer to Rosé.

"I asked Jisoo about Lisa's rumors. She never deny it, just said that she never get involved in Lisa's love life, it was her business, not hers."

Jennie crosses her arms and lost her eyes staring at her feet "Lisa told me about this club, and the girls but..."

"What?"

She looked at Rosé again "I'm a little concern now. Do you know when was the last time Jooyeon seen Lisa there?"

"I don't know. But I can ask her." Rosé offered her a supportive smile.